Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

grill compatibility

25K views 37 replies 6 participants last post by  CAHenry 
#1 ·
Hi

Wonder if I can install facelift grill to my 2012 W246.

Judging from pictures they look compatible, but you never know.
Had anyone tried ?

Thanks

here are the pics from ebay:

https://goo.gl/photos/HBRT6mBcYx3W6XoJ6

#4 ·
New product, aftermarket.

NOPE, wrong. It's a 2015-2016 Diamond Grill for the B Class W246. Trust me. I want to order one, but I am searching and seeking whether or not my 2014 B250 Tourer with NON Hid lights, can swap grills with a 2015 B250 Tourer.

Not sure whether mercedes benz has a "willing" and knowledgeable answer for that other than perhaps, "the part numbers are different, so no."

Cheers

#5 ·
Body Shop Manager...

OK, got it in writing by a Body Shop Manager for Mercedes Benz Canada... he confirms to me the grill from 2013, 2014 B250's are interchangeable with Grills from 2015's B250's.

Also, he quoted me approximately 2 hours shop labour to swap out grills. According to him, the front bumper needs to be removed in order to swap out grills :eek

D@mn !t

#8 ·
OK, got it in writing by a Body Shop Manager for Mercedes Benz Canada... he confirms to me the grill from 2013, 2014 B250's are interchangeable with Grills from 2015's B250's.

Also, he quoted me approximately 2 hours shop labour to swap out grills. According to him, the front bumper needs to be removed in order to swap out grills :eek

D@mn !t
Cool. I'd love to see photos after you get this done.

#19 ·
Here is another photo of the grill on the car

As you can see it is for a b250 (b200 etc etc)...

I am in montreal as well...
Yeah that is nice. I really like this grill better than the stock grill. Looking forward to seeing it on your B250.
Can I ask where you sorced it and the cost? Are you doing the swap yourself or going to body shop? Please post pictures after.

#23 ·
I hope you get the right diamond grill. According with the picture you put, I know the seller. Is the same I talked a two months ago. Hint for us: when you receive you can put two grill pictures (before and after). So I can identify if your currently grill is the same as mine. ?
Luck and see you next year.

Merry Christmas / Happy new year.

#24 ·
In your Avatar...

In your avatar, you have a LED Mercedes Badge that lights up. But the B250's have inside the OEM Mercedes Badge, the Mercedes Distronic Radar sensor.

A) Did you bypass the Mercedes Distronic Radar Sensor?

B) Did you find an LED Mercedes Badge that supports the Mercedes Distronic Radar sensor?

or

C) Did you modify your Aftermarket Mercedes LED Badge to work with the Mercedes Distronic Radar sensor?

Cheers,

#25 ·
How did you make out with the lights. Were you able to replace the halogen to LED. You last post mentioned 2014 B250 do also have a 2015? I'm disliking the stock halogen headlights and would like to go the LED route. Can you provide details on the headlight parts you ordered, cost and where you bought them. Thanks

#27 ·
Hello lussda,

As I answered to LormaD my B-Class comes with standard factory LED lights and Bi-Xenon headlights too besides bumper DRL's. My car is a B200 Sport with night package. This car is manufactured in MB Hungary. Internally has fewer standards options than other European and Canadian models. For example: no GPS, no automatic air conditioner, no electric seat adjust and warm function, sunroof, etc.

But I've already see DRL's for sale in Asian sites. Take a look.

Hope I helped you :wink

Regards,

Rod.

#36 ·
Hello gents,

After 3 hours of hard labor done by 2 guys in a professionnal body shop, it finally happened :D !
Here are two pictures of the diamond grill on my 2014 B250 :

Curve wasn't the same
Width wasn't the same.
Fixation holes weren't the same.
Internal fixation clip of the OEM bumper doesn't exist anymore.
Etc.

Emblem & chrome trims exceed the depth of the opening hole, but makes it more unique :cool: .

Regards,
Henry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.