Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fuel filter - petrol cars

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Road_Ghost 
#1 ·
Hey guys..

Lots of questions these days after getting the car last week.

I couldn't find the answer to this questions for petrol cars...

Is the fuel filter and sensor all-in-one?

My local MB (Philippines) quoted me like $800 for the fuel filter part which includes a sensor unit of some sort... and they mentioned that it's not so typical to swap out as other cars.

There's gotta be a better way?

Let me know.

Cheers

#3 ·
When I search B Class "fuel filter" in the WIS,..it shows the fuel sensor/pump in the tank. I also thought that there was a lifetime fuel filter at the rear "near" the tank. My WIS does not show this.

To change the pump/sensor/filter in the tank is a huge job. They show the tank being drained and removed.

Some cars have a small port/door in the rear floor that gives you access to the fuel pump,..but not in our B Class.

Nasty $$job$$ ..for sure.

#4 ·
Wow, that's totally crazy... guess that excludes me from maintaining my fuel pump by regularly changing fuel filters.

Thanks for the information.

If anybody gets unlucky and and has to do this job on the car, I hope they post up their results as a warning to the rest of us... to save up for it... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.