Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Difference between From Start Trip and From Reset Trip?

17K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SevenW 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just received my new B200T this week. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Trip computer's "From Reset" figure and "From Start" figure? I mean, if i put a full tank of fuel in and then press the reset button, does that reading on the "From Start" figure tell me how much kms I've done since filling up? Conversely, then, what does the Fromm reset figure mean?

#2 ·
From start is from when the car was started, it saves the figures for only 4hrs when switched off 'if I remember correctly' so that's the daily reading if you like.
From reset is from a hard reset in the trip computer mode, it accumulates upto 99 hours driving in total.
Resetting the odometer purely resets the odometer reading.........

This is my take from my quick glance through the manual and from my other cars computers.

#3 ·
The After Reset will go to 100,000 km if you let it. To monitor "fuel consumption (actual)" versus "fuel consumption (on board computer)", resetting it at every fill will allow you to verify its (in)accuracy. I have found my OBC to systematically under-estimate fuel consumption by 0.4 L/100 km. On the other hand, my odometer under-reads by a little bit.

#4 ·
Thanks

Hi guys Many thanks for your help. I now understand the trip computer better now. I don't know about you guys, but I'm seriously impressed by the B Class Turbo. I've only had it for a few days now, but it is whisper quiet, smooth in acceleration and nicely powerful. I love all the gadgets in it, especially the sat nav and all the other goodies. Should take me a while to get to understand everything, but it that's part of the fun! The B Class may be the entry level to the Mercedes brand, but it's by no means a 'basic car'. Thanks once again.:D

#5 ·
Hi guys Many thanks for your help. I now understand the trip computer better now. I don't know about you guys, but I'm seriously impressed by the B Class Turbo. I've only had it for a few days now, but it is whisper quiet, smooth in acceleration and nicely powerful. I love all the gadgets in it, especially the sat nav and all the other goodies. Should take me a while to get to understand everything, but it that's part of the fun! The B Class may be the entry level to the Mercedes brand, but it's by no means a 'basic car'. Thanks once again.:D
I thought the A Class was the entry level! :D
The B is a pretty good car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.