Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Winter Tire for B200

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Canada Stig 
#1 ·
Hi,

I live in Calgary, AB, Canada. How do I prepare for the winter? I have no winter tire. So, I consider to replace all season tire with a brand new winter tire.

Any recommendation on this? I want to do it at Costco. How about the tire flat sensor? Any idea?

#2 · (Edited)
I bought my all season tires from Costco but I believe you need winter tires in Calgary (I don't know how it's the weather over there), so this can be a good choice if they offer some perks... You can also search through the forum for other posts about winter tires (I bet they are a few good ones out there).

As for some hints on tires and winter driving, you can read the operator's manual at pages 256 to286 and also at page 375.

Also, please find below some details about the tire sensor on the Mercedes B class:

Tire pressure loss warning (RDW), function - some details in the manual at page 314 also.

#3 ·
Costco sells Michelin and BFG generally, not brands I would personally use for winter. Excellent all seasons, but overpriced for performance in winter, IMO

Lots of people here using the "Tires23" package of 16" replikas and Hankook W409s. I am very happy with this combo - $1100 taxes in and yes he ships to Calgary.

Also, try Flying Tiger out of BC - good deals on 15 and 16 packages, mostly Blizzaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.