Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What did you do to your Benz today?

445K views 2K replies 101 participants last post by  Bangers;B200 
#1 ·
As posted in my friend's topic on the W201 section, I think it will be cool to have our own here... :p

I'll start then:

OEM trunk mat

Replaced the cupholder (comes with the whole bracket), the edge was peeled...

See less See more
#30 · (Edited)
After looking at the close-ups of those female connectors, they look pretty similar and should work. You can either adapt them or change the conector alltogether with an H9 (they sell a bunch on Connectors and Ternimals )

H11 connector

H9 conector

I have also found on E-bay a H11 to H9 adapter from Bulbzilla...

I would go with this option... :thumbsup: Let us know how it worked out!

#31 ·
I just did it, bought a couple of H9's cut the tab out of the inside and cut a little of the metal key and they fit. The difference isn't really big, maybe a little whiter and a little brighter. There's a little more glare when looking directly at it. (I mean almost eye level with the fogs) But I think that is due to the fact that the H9 doesn't have the coating at the top of the bulb like the H11 does. I guess if you put that on, it might get rid of that. I'm gonna keep this mod cause it does seem brighter. I'm not sure if I posted pics whether it would actually show it brighter, it's just a little more. I did one side first and turned them on and it was a little noticeable. At $40 (CrappyTire GE H9s) I'm happy.

Anthony

#34 ·
Probably it will give the latter, I drove last night to try them out and I still get the sharp cutoff from the fogs. They actually seem to put more light wider than before, it's really noticeable at that 45°-65° angle toward the ditch. If you turn them on and off, you really see the difference, not so much in front of the car. I will probably end up with the "static channel" driving in snow :eek: just like the high beam one. Only time will tell. (no snow in forecast) Maybe I should buy yellow H9, maybe that would be better. On a side note, I just read the other day that France had a legal requirement for headlights to be yellow up until 1993. Mike does your Peugeot have selective yellow lamps?

#35 ·
No, my Peugeot was sold in Brampton Ontario as a new car in ealry 1967 and because it was a Canadian market car to begin with, it had red turn signals on the rear, MPH speedometer and sealed beam headlights. The latter have been changed for Cibié Z-Beams from the late 1970s...but with white bulbs.

I ran a 404 sedan in the 80s with yellow headlights in Vancouver and got a $50 fine for the pleasure.

#36 ·
That's funny.... well not for you. In Alberta you can have yellow fogs but headlights must be white.

#37 · (Edited)
I have replaced the front signal bulbs today (1157 chromed bulbs from good old E-bay)...
After unscrewing this cap on each side...

]

Which holds the original bulb...

Unscrew the old one and put in the new chromed one...

Old look...

New clean look...

Comparison pictures with both bulb types...

Nice yellow light...

#39 · (Edited)
Compared with the front signals, here are the amberish rear chromed ones (caught them blinking)...

The steering wheel bar...

The hand controls (don't ask why)...

The cluster, ready to roll to work...

I received my microphone for the Kufatec bluetooth phone module (partially covered here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w245-b-class/1468547-phone-hookup-4.html) - with pictures. When I have the time, I'll come back with mic install details.

#41 ·
It was just a cop washing the cruiser...I only put on a steering wheel lock club (unbelievable or not, I got my van stolen before from the u-ground parking), the other system is the hand controls (for driving without using the lower limbs - E-bay item also). T.O. ha ha ha....

#45 · (Edited)
I don't watch that much the canadian channels... :rolleyes:

Well, as promised, I'll post now the microphone set-up for the Fiscon bluetooth unit (the unit install is posted here).

The mike

T20 screwdriver (later on I used the MB wedge and hook)

It all begins with the removl of the panel below the glovebox (just two T20 screws).

#46 ·
With the panel down, I routed the mike connector to the whole in the backside of the glovebox (it is posted in the other topic where is the unit and it's mike connector to join).

Connected!

The unit back on its velcro seating on the side.

The cable runs now below the glovebox.

#47 ·
Afterwards I have routed the wire under the pillar sill and put back the panel.

Using both the long wedge (ordered from the stealership - part no. W115 589 03 59 00)

...and one of the pulling hooks (sold in pairs - part no. W140 589 02 33 00)...

Then, I used the fold here and routed the wiring towards the windshield.

#48 ·
Once at the top...

...I pulled out the overhead console (long wedge used to pry the rear side where the engaging clips are).

Then I have pulled the microphone under the lining (gently)

This OEM microphone in the center is a good spot for my install.

#49 ·
So I pulled that one off...

...and using one of the attachments that came with the mike (stickyback)...

...I have stuck in in downwards position towards the vents...

The OEM one was secured under the plastic black board there.
And everything was put back in for a nice clean install.

#50 ·
Now some pictures of the cluster with various menus of the interface (the buttons on the head unit don't do anything but the multifunction steering wheel is fully functional).

#51 ·
I'm pleased with this, I can play my music through A2DP from my Nokia 5800 (my wife have the same one - between us beats any BB or IP) without wiring and stuff...

...also the system mutes the radio or CD on a call, rings the phone's mp3 ringtone...awsome!

#55 · (Edited)
Congrats, Samoila, on your successful installation. I've spent a month trying to get my Cartronics version working, to no avail. It hasn't helped that apparently it's M-B's "policy" (the manufacturer, or the dealer? Not sure) to refuse to work on anything that's aftermarket. I finally got someone "inside" to work on it last week. Our conclusion: the unit is defective : )

Just shipped it back to Cartronics for another unit. Grrr....

On an interesting note, the microphone supplied with the Cartronics unit is made by Parrot.

Attachments

#56 ·
Wow, sorry to hear that. By the looks of the picture, they took too much apart for this.
I have researched many units out there and the online available guides and Bluetooth updates on FISCON Bluetooth Handsfree combined with functionality, easy plug and play noninvasive install and good price made me to chose Fiscon. Also it is made in Das Vaterland.