Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Active Park Assist - Tips?

17K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  SPadival 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just got a new B200 here in Aus with the Active Park Assist. Just wondering if anyone had any tips? From what I can gather, you just drive along the road at under 30KM/h and the screen will display a P, when it finds a spot, it'll show you.

I haven't been able to get it to show me the arrows (I got the P showing) - Am I missing a tip?

Cheers,

lieb39

#2 ·
Hi lieb39,

Yes, you're missing a very large tip!! ........and here it is,,,,,,,,,Make sure your wife is beside you :sloppy: and she will tell you how and where to park. :argue: You don't want her straining with all those packages.

Seriously,
I haven't heard of anyone else in the B Forum with this exciting option.

It might not be an option yet in Canada. Keep us informed on your progress.

Cheers , :beerchugr:

#6 ·
Yes, you're missing a very large tip!! ........and here it is,,,,,,,,,Make sure your wife is beside you :sloppy: and she will tell you how and where to park. :argue: You don't want her straining with all those packages.
Cheers , :beerchugr:
And just when you where getting off Nadine's list,,,, truly a brave man or spending to much:givemebeer::beerchugr::beerchugr::beerchugr: time on other activities prior to posting. :)

Lieb39, aziyal, and WojciechT

Would be a nice option if only to impress the neighbours, I'm curious as to the cost and if you need to buy a package along with it.

Shows the amazing things that can be accomplished now a days.

Bill

#4 ·
Information about Park assist you can find here

It works but I never use it in real situation. Usually parking spots are too small (for parking assist space must be car length + 1,3m) and in space which length is ok is faster to park manually. For me parking assist is extra option for parking sensors (they are really helpful).

#10 ·
Bumping up an old thread. Do the cars without active park assist also see the arrow & park symbol appearing ? Mine does.. But I don't think my car has active park assist.. I didn't get the chance to put it in reverse and see what happens..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I have this option on my Benz but i don't use it. For some strange reason i don't even trust in MB parking parking sensors. They start beeping when it's too late, and sometimes they have "lag". - This is my opinion. I think BMW has a much better parking sensors and the way it displays the distance.
The reason i don't trust it, it's because when i'm in traffic it would show P, but it doesn't detect the kerb. That's what i think. And i think i can park faster...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.