B Class Gallery - Show off your Benz!

421K views 915 replies 144 participants last post by  gole 
#1 ·
I had to do this topic :D

so this is my ride:

Attachments

See less See more
#54 · (Edited)
^ How did you manage to get a B in the US? I thought only us Canadians in NA has the B.

Very nice wood trim btw. Is that a mini Stanley Cup in the cupholder?

I was hoping the wood on the center console has the ash cover like those European version instead of the cupholder and the power connector exposed.

#61 ·
Black is such a pain but there aren't many used turbos out there so I had to get what ever I could because I live in California. California has such strict emissions standards they won't allow non 'California' cars in with less than 7,500 miles (12,070 km) - what one has to do with the other escapes me and no one at the DMV could explain that either.

I was willing to go with black because this is such a great car! Of course my next move is to change out the wheels...has any one seen the Mercedes Kochab 12-spokes in person?

#64 ·
jtcb said:
^ Is it an AMG badge or real AMG equiped?
Yes, ha ha.. its not real AMG equipped but this logo fits nice on my car!!:) :) :)

jtcb said:
I like black too. However, there are several reasons I didn't opt for black. Hot in summer. Hard to keep clean. Black hides the nice detail on the side doors.
I agree with you!! I wish i would have chosen the WHITE one!!! Especially these days here(!)... now its 10.41 in the morning and the out temp is 37.4C !! So imagine what is happening IN my car now!!! ha ha...:surrender:

#66 ·
CA-B200 those wheels look nice but they will get kerbed very easily as the spokes appear to extend outside the wheel.

One problem with sticking something like a Turbo badge on a car is that it makes it a target for joyriders they love a sporty car. My brother in law had his diesel (not Mercedes) which had a turbo badge on stolen several times and the police told him that the theives go for the Turbos.

Perhaps car security may be better now

#67 ·
Well, everything non-OEM can be stolen. The same thing to that stubby antenna like the one you got. It looks nicer than the oem. Thefts just unscrew it and it is gone. What can we do?

I want to get some wind deflectors. Those will be the target too.

Do you think MB dealer has the badge available? It will cost an arm for sure like that "bumper reflector" I got. I don't think theft will try to rip off the strip from my B.

gsp1, when and how much was your AMG?

#69 ·
jtcb said:
Well, everything non-OEM can be stolen. The same thing to that stubby antenna like the one you got. It looks nicer than the oem. Thefts just unscrew it and it is gone. What can we do?

I want to get some wind deflectors. Those will be the target too.

Do you think MB dealer has the badge available? It will cost an arm for sure like that "bumper reflector" I got. I don't think theft will try to rip off the strip from my B.

gsp1, when and how much was your AMG?
Hi again, the AMG logo was bought from ebay for about 20$ (including shipping for Greece). It exists as an original part of MB also but as i know it costs about 60$(!).
Mine is very well finished and looks like original... Alignment is very easy as all letters are sticked on a transparent film which keeps them in place.. The material that they use to stick is like the original black thin foam that B150 (or 200 or...) logo has...

"TURBO" logo also exist in hundreds on ebay!

Cheers!

#70 · (Edited)
I mean how did you align the badge on the car? What did you use as a guide? Does it stick on tightly? Since the idea of stealing the badge has been brought up, I thought I would ask. Is it the same material that they use to stick any OEM wording? Did you use the Ebay Greece site? What was your search word? I used the search word "Mercedes-Benz turbo logo badge" but came back nothing. Can you provide link to your ebay purchase or at least the seller's id?

The only one that come close is the one below, but it is individual lettering which I don't really like. I prefer one piece letting.

OEM badge looks like this.

#71 ·
I fitted AMG manually(!).. i mean i measured the place (from where it starts) the B150 logo and i placed the AMG in the same place from the other side, i think its easy enough. Then of course i removed the B150! he he... The sticker seems to be the same with the original and its difficult to remove if it isn't hot enough!
There isn't Greek ebay site, so i use US or UK. There isn't any specific keywords except the word "emblem"... if you search "turbo emblem" you'll find a lot of them as i did for AMG and you'll find a lot of different versions.

Individual lettering is better for custom logos.. i have ordered my "gsp" one..(!).. and the letters are very high quality..(!)
If you need anything more pm me :)

#72 ·
On the subject of badges anyone with a Sport wanting a sport badge could try the Renault parts dept as a good looking Chrome sports badge was fitted to the front wing of the years 2000- 2003 Renault Scenic Sport. I think it may need a couple of small holes drilled to fit it (if so the parts dept would also stock the little plastic "caps" that go into these holes for the badge to fit into)

#73 ·
I used the search word you suggested to search on the us and uk site. They aren't even look close to the oem turbo. They are either in small cap or different font. The only one that looks to be the same is my link. I think I'll ask my MB dealer about it. I think it'll cost me another arm..

gsp1, YGPM.

#75 ·
Has anyone here have roof spoiler, front and rear apron installed? The turbo rear apron looks kinda nice. The non-turbo isn't so. I am not going to get the front apron as it is too low risk damaging it from high curb. Post some live pics if you can. The closest angle shot of the non-turbo rear apron doesn't show clearly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.