Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

AUDIO 5 and MP3

11K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  stumpy32 
#1 ·
As i informed yesterday,all B-CLASS from June 07 with AUDIO 5 sound system can read MP3.I asked local dealer if there is a firmware update for my unit but he didn'know anything.Do i have to change the whole unit????Any info????

#5 ·
This happens with all Audio Series... also in Audio 5 if you have cd changer you can play MP3's and the TAG info is displayed on the dash board...

Please if anyone has experience of seeing a model like this or is a new owner, confirm here this function.

I think that in "some way" dealers should take care of the old customers.. This model i think its not older than 1,5-2 years, is still on production and its UNFAIR for the first customers to loose this function which will probably come as standard for audio 5 systems...

Cheers

#6 ·
MIKEMAT said:
As i informed yesterday,all B-CLASS from June 07 with AUDIO 5 sound system can read MP3.I asked local dealer if there is a firmware update for my unit but he didn'know anything.Do i have to change the whole unit????Any info????
Mine was built late June (possibly early July) and it does not read MP3 Cds
It does, however, have an Audio In (line in ) socket so you can input from your MP3 player, Ipod etc. using a lead with the headphone type socket on either end.

Photos of the socket in earlier thread

It will not display an of the MP3 information (ie Artist or track name)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.