Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Minor Issue or it?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WEBSRFRINMD 
#1 ·
I have a question for the experienced and well versed S550 owners. Would you buy a pre-owned S550 that has all the options you want and more but the Auto Check report shows that the vehicle had an accident on the front.

The seller is a mercedes benz authorized dealer but does that make it safe? I am curious to know, what would you do? Would you make that purchase or walk away? Does the car being certified mean anything or that's just BS and more problems could arise in the future? :confused:

#2 ·
I would NOT touch a MB with CARFAX (or Auto Check) that the car had been an accident (specially in the front). No matter how good the car is fix, down the road, something is go wrong, with the complex car (electronically) as the S550, the cost of repair (to correct the problems) is VERY HIGH (MB dealer can deny the warranty due to the accident, unless the car is CPO), out of warranty, you are on your own. Even the car is selling thru a MB dealer & CPO, I will not buy it. The value of the car with accident is deminish too much compare with a car with NO accident.

#3 ·
I have a question for the experienced and well versed S550 owners. Would you buy a pre-owned S550 that has all the options you want and more but the Auto Check report shows that the vehicle had an accident on the front.

The seller is a mercedes benz authorized dealer but does that make it safe? I am curious to know, what would you do? Would you make that purchase or walk away? Does the car being certified mean anything or that's just BS and more problems could arise in the future? :confused:
I am just curious... Are they selling this car as a CPO, knowing it had a front-end accident?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.