Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunk hindge removal

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave2302 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. On my 02 s600 , the rear trunk hindge broke on two pieces and now I'm trying to figure out how to replace it. I do have the pneumatic open/close, and it is unfortunately the right ( passenger) side hindge that broke. Does anybody has any idea how to remove it?
I did find a new hindge over at pick and pull today and I tried removing it. I removed all nuts holding it. Two on the actual boot and three on the side of the bracket. Disconnected the strut on top and the inside pneumatic strut , but cannot figure out how to take out the whole thing.
I will take some pictures tomorrow to show you all what I'm talking about.
I'm trying to take out the whole hindge with the little leaver that goes from the hindge on the outside to the inside of the trunk connected to the hydraulic strut.

#2 ·
Hi,

This is confusing........

Pneumatic or Hydraulic ???

The Pneumatics pop the Trunk Latch when you press the button on Key or Trunk Lid.

Hydraulics, aka (P)ower (T)runk (L)ifter or PTL actually lifts the Lid once the Latch is popped, and closes and latches it when you press an illuminated red button inside the Trunk Lid............

The 2 different systems have very different hinges, and especially the Hydraulic ones are a PITA to get out :wink

HTH

Dave

#7 ·
Not having done this, I would guess that there is a clip of some description holding it on. You will have to have a close look at this one yourself sorry.

And that is the correct document above.

#11 ·
Moderator Request ....

Welcome to Benzworld.
Please update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
go to Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make and model YEAR ---->
Add your Territorial Location ---->
click save

Read ALL of our stickies before posting, especially the New Guy Sticky.

It would be best to start your own thread and stick to one thread per issue thank you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.