Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fuel pump relay install?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cmpcpro 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my Star system and my owners manual are all on their way and it's been years since I've had a 220. When popping off the cover to the rear fuse panel under the seat the fuel relay is below the opening.. can anyone recommend the best way to change this out? Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi,

I found mine didn't line up very well when I first got the car, closer inspection revealed the whole lot had been removed and refitted badly.........

I'm not sure from memory whether I can get at that relay now, but here's what to do...........

Lift out the Rear Seat Squab, and pull back the plastic covering / sound proofing below on the RHS of car.

There are various plastic and maybe the odd metal nut holding the big alloy component mounting tray into the void beneath the seat, undo this lot and lift it / tilt it up and secure out of the way with a long cable tie around rear seat belt :wink

Now you can unbolt and lift up that rear SAM / Fuse / Relay box, and swap out the Relay really easy, and when you come to refit it, pay attention to detail, and you'll find you can refit it in such a way that getting at the Fuses etc is a lot easier through the "mail box slot" :laugh

HTH

Cheers Dave

#3 ·
Thanks I'll take a look! Do you think I need to undo the battery or can I just be careful? Thanks again

#5 ·
Yeah I'm sure your right.. thanks for the advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.