Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Picked up another S class

625 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Smokiesman 
#1 · (Edited)
Continue to have fun buying S classes and tinkering with them. The 2006 S430 I picked up and replaced one part has been trouble free for over ten thousand miles in the last four months.

Funny I see to keep finding the same color. Picked up this 2004 S500 4matic. What I liked best about it- MB maintained its entire life.

Also picked up a old fashioned bumper jack last week. With all the plastic bumper covers they have gone out of style, but very useful with a smashed up S500.

I will tear this down for parts, although the repair does not seem so tough. The air lines are cut, but seems the unibody is visually ok. I will still strip it down. From the doors to rear bumper, body is mint.

I plan to stash these at Smokie's summer home while he is in Florida for the winter.... As my Wife is not at all happy with the driveway.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Mikey Mikey Mikey ! Ya can't corner the market on these cars bub! Theres to many and your garage is not big enough ! Hey a little compound and a buffer will take that right out! Good to hear from you again ! Least my baby back is in one piece again after her little run in with a truck! Boy I have to read these posts better before I answer them!! LOL! Ya think the lump been watching to much Wheeler Dealers and the tranny any good ?

Smokie

#3 ·
Mike ! yer gonna have to pick up on of those containers and use it as a parts storage/warehouse for yer parts collection !! or a place to stay when the wife says enough is enough !! LOL!

Smokie

#4 ·
Smokie, I can't keep these around much longer, Wife gave me until mid Decemeber. Looking at either stripping them or sending them to the community college and have the body shop students have a shot at taking two bad and making one good....

#5 · (Edited)
Well there's a novel idea! I have seen that done before. My brother had 2 wrecked Impalas and it got turned into one! The car came out surprisingly well ! Better try and curb that impulse buying for a while ! Or you might end up living in one of them ! LOL !

Smokie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.