Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2000 S430 giving warning message on and off

643 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SChalmers 
#1 ·
Hi All
Look this is not about my coolant issues on the S55( long weekend here and spent the whole weekend doing stuff for the wife, never even looked at it)
My 2000 S430 will give me a malfunction warning Low Windshield Washer Fluid and Low Coolant Level. This happened about a year ago. I checked the levels they were fine. Then about a month ago it did it again and now today.
When I shut the car off and wait till the dash goes dark, then restart the car the warnings are gone. No codes come up.

I was looking in the stickies and could not find anything like this.

Wondering if there is a wiring issue or if both sensors are on the way out? I think they are in the same wiring harness.
Any help will be greatly appreciated as I want to get this cleared up asap. The 430 is my daily driver.

I did also pick up a new serpentine belt and pulley, figure I need to do some maintenance. The belt on the car now looks in very good shape.

One final question about the S430 I can get brand new Pirelli P4 all season tires 225/60/16 98T for $70.00 each plus tax. They list for $235 each. This is through the dealership I am helping out at. Any thoughts on going with a lower speed rating T is rated for 190kph/118mph with a 135,000km/83,000 tread wear.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you never drive near those speeds the tires will be fine

If both sensors are erroring at the same time it's probably the harness rather than the actual sensors .

I know you want to change the belt based on your other car where the snapped belt damaged the sensors but if it's still looking very good id leave it alone

#3 ·
That is what I thought about the tires. Hell they are just above the cost of used tires.

I guess I should take the harness apart and see if there is any damage

The belt is a Mercedes belt that looks good I can still read all the part numbers off it

I bought the belt they do not expire so I will hold off. Yes it was about the sensor damage on the S55 plus I do not want to be sitting on the side of the road

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.