Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MB S500 4matic 2006 - battery charge light issue

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  atmsmshr 
#1 ·
Hi..
hopefully someone could help me with my car problems. I have a mercedes 2006 S500 4matic with 125000 miles. my car has battery charging warning light came on and ithe finally stalled. I had a new battery and a new alternater replace over a year ago and now same problem. I took the old battery to Sears, the battery failed the test so they gave new battery under warranty. I installed new battery started the car, battery charge warning light came back again and I can't even shift in the gear and ran out battery again. Do I have a defect alternater That I replaced a year ago? Or is it something else ? Also I park the car outside on gravel driveway because I don't have a garage. Please help and your advice appreciated.

Thanks
Vuttha

#3 ·
You will need to test for charge at both the Battery and the Alternator, has there is a prefuse between them that may have blown. Test for the charge and get back to us with the results.

Dean

#4 · (Edited)
Your profile is empty so we do not know where you are from.

If you are from heavy snow country, may want to continuity check on the battery / regulator and chassis ground if you come up with a bad voltage.

You can also use the climate control menu to check battery voltage.

- Press and hold the rest button only whilst AC is on and you will find another list of readings you can scroll up with the left and down with the right and here is what they mean;

Display on left Description

0 AAC in-car temperature sensor (operating module)
1 Overhead control panel for in-car temperature sensor
2 Outside temperature sensor
3 Left heater-exchanger in car temperature sensor
4 Right heater-exchanger in-car temperature sensor
5 Evaporator core sensor
6 Engine temperature
N Refrigerant pressure
8 R134A refrigerant in-car temperature sensor
10 Blower control voltage
15 Average insolation value between 0 and 125%
16 Carbon monoxide value between 0 and 1023
17 Nitrogen oxide value between 0 and 1023
18 Dew point temperature
20 Fan output value between 0 and 100%
21 Engine speed
22 Ground speed
24 Battery voltage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.