Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

06 S430 Radiator Fan working whenever it wants too

971 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kraut56 
#1 ·
So put new harmonic balancer put the fan back in and kept it running. Fan doesn't turn on. So we unplug it and check the wiring and connections and blow out to make sure it's clean and dry. Turn the car back on and bam fan works. I drive it back to my lot, move my stuff out of the S55 and into the S430 to go home and BAM coolant warning comes on the car and the car is at 100C and no fan at all. Turn it back off and on and the fan works and then just stops working and won't go on and coolant warning comes back on again. This car is making me lose patience. Even my S600 AMG is more reliable then this.... What should I do now? Replace the whole assembly? Or trade the car in and be done with it.

#3 ·
Does the fan come on when you open the ignition, without starting the engine?

#4 ·
I had the same problem after engine oil cooler repair.

Even changed the fan! still wouldn't work.

Finally went with DAS into the engine controller, and actuated 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90%, and then exited the program properly. Fan works fine ever since.

MB advised of a "known contact problem" in the connector; to clean and check for minor burns on the pins"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.