Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SRS light stays on, SRS code B186-004

3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  kengarchow 
#1 ·
"The resistance value in the ignition circuit component R12/2 (front passenger ETR ignition squib) is too high"

can someone enlighten me as to what that means i need to fix?

SRS light stays on after clearing codes on mercedes code scanner

car did suffer accident that blew driver door, driver side overhead and driver side passenger door air bag, all replaced

thanks

#2 ·
ETR Emergency tensioning retractor. The squib for the seat belt tensioning.
Please read the attached doc. Remember these things can go bang so I would not suggest you try to fix this without a lot of research first.

Dean

Attachments

#4 ·
I'm still chasing the ETR issue
im not sure what part it is
i know it means emergency tensioning retractor but is it on the b pillar or on the seat belt receptical?
i ask this because i had a shop look at the casr seat belts and he pulled the seat balts in and out and said that part was fine

thanks

#5 ·
ok i am pretty sure the ETR system refers to the locking seatbelt retractor on the B pillar
so even though mine shows a code rot it it is working (not in fixed position)

ill be taking the unit out to check for possible deployment with out locking or connection issue

#6 ·
Yes it is the retractor in the B-pillar. It's showing a resistance that is too high, may only need the connections cleaned. BE VERY CAREFULL that thing can go bang easy.

Dean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.