Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

airmatic query

711 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Monfortino 
#1 ·
I hope this will be my only thread about airmatic issues. Does anyone know how ambient temperatures affect the pressures in the shocks?
Last week in the UK we had a lot (for us) of snow. Last week I was driving around all day, parked up and left the car came back 2 days later in the snow and the car was visibly sat lower than normal say 1 finger gap between the rear wheels and the arch rather than 2. Started her up the car didn't complain about airmatic issues or being too low, raised to the correct height. its now been a further 2 days of stable temperatures and the ride height as i look out the window is fine.
So question is if i parked up a warm car in 5c weather, and the car adjusts its ride height and pressures, and come back 2 days later at -2c would the car be lower because the pressure is lower due to the reduced temperature affecting the gas volume in the shocks as physics would dictate? or should i start getting worried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.