Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear doors do not unlock using the inside handle

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JB380SEL 
#1 ·
Both rear doors will not unlock when I pull the interior handle. I have to open the driver door or press the unlock button to unlock the rear doors. Once unlocked they're ok. It's as if the doors have the child lock feature but I cannot find anything in the manual. The manual states that you can unlock any door by the inside handle. It's annoying when I have people riding in the back and they can't get out. Any help would be great.

#2 ·
Some cars were fitted with the manual child lock. Open the door and look at the lock, either just above or below the lock there will be a small metal catch, move it over to the other position.

#3 ·
Alternatively, the child lockout button (located below the front window buttons and above the rears on your driver door control panel) may be depressed. It also cuts power to the rear cigarette lighters. Covered in your owner's manual.

#4 ·
That reminds me some were fitted with the little sliding switch on the center console panel with the pic of a small person on it. I can never remember which years with so many models. It is easy if you only own one, but I have to work on them all so I get confused as the years roll on LOL.

#5 ·
Thank you all for the help. I'll check it out when I get the car back from the shop. Inspection time and sadly AIRMATIC issues :( Not a surprise especially with it being 9yrs old and 122K miles. I'm am going all out and replacing both front struts just to be safe. Both the left and right front wheel bearings need replaced and front right wheel sensor. The money will be well worth it IMO. I'm excited to feel how it drives and rides after the work is done.

Although, in the meantime I'm enjoying the pleasures of my 95 W140 S500 :D
251K miles and not stopping anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.