Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Are these problems related... Suspension compressor replaced, A/C diag. on NOW

690 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Skylaw 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

I need to know if my mechanic is jerking me around and I was hoping someone here could help me. To give a little background, I have a 2000 S500, I've owned this car for 9 years and I've had slim to none problems with it.

About a month ago, my crank shaft sensor went out and I took it to the repair shop to get repaired. About a week later the front passenger air strut went out which wasn't alarming because I had the other replaced about 6 months prior. But after that things went a little crazy "coincidences" of course according to my mechanic. A week after I had the strut replaced I had to take the car back in for a replacement of the suspension compressor and valves because my air suspension system wasn't working and I picked my car up yesterday and now I have DIAG. on my temp. control panel and my car isn't getting as warm as it usually does.

Does anyone here know if replacing the compressor would affect my heating and if so how because I don't want to pay to have something fixed if the mechanics did something wrong...

Thanks in advance ;-)

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

The airmatic pump (the "compressor" I think you are referencing) has absolutely nothing to to with your heating and cooling.

You may find some help in the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky toward the top of this forum. You may be able to read out a code that will help with diagnosing the trouble. Also, the first (but not only) thing to suspect in heating & cooling problems is the duovalve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.