Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Advice changing wheel

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Red. 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Much love for the forum. Just bought my 1999 S320 W220 with only 95,000KM on it!, gonna post some pictures in the pictures forum soon. I have seen most of the people are changing the original wheels and putting some beautiful large ones. I know the original size for the car is 225-60-16. Is it ok to put larger wheels? And is this going to affect the airmatic "most common problematic in the W220 ? And how much those wheels usually cost in average , wait for you advices on the topic in general and please share your experience

Peace

#2 ·
I have a 2003 that came with stock 17" wheels. I have upgraded to an 18" wheel. The wheel size will not harm your suspension. Just use a conversion guid to make sure you get the right wheel and tire combo. Wheels are anywhere from $300.00 to $2000 each, depending on make, construction etc

Attachments

#12 ·
18" wheels . . .

I have a 2003 that came with stock 17" wheels.

I have upgraded to an 18" wheel.

The wheel size will not harm your suspension.

Use a conversion guid to make sure you get the right wheel and tire combo.

Wheels are anywhere from $300.00 to $2000 each,
depending on make, construction etc.

I like the 18" wheel combo as well . . .

275/40 rears & 245/45 fronts !

Came stock with 16"s .

Red, *<:){)-

#9 ·
Damn man, hard luck. I guess this one is a short wheel base but still looking damn sexy :D. We have anyway many used cars are being imported from the US to the Emirates and many of them are Mercedes & lexus and in perfect condition. Good luck finding a white one bro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.