Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pre-Safe Warning, ABS, ESP Warning...

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I have an 04 S430 4matic which, overall is a joy to own and drive. Lately, I've been having a recurring problem with the ABS, ESP, and Pre-Safe warning lights coming on all of the time. When it first happened a few months ago, the lights would come on when I first started the car, and the car would actually brake itself as well as steering becoming hard for several blocks and then go away. SUPER annoying and actually dangerous. My indie mechanic replaced one of the wheel sensors and problem went away. Now, 3 mos later, I am seeing the same warning on dash-- doesn't seem to affect the drivability of car, but almost equally annoying is the fact that the rear brake lights are now staying on whenever the warning shows. Turning the steering wheel lock to lock, as well as restarting the car, temporarily clears the problem, only to have it return after several miles of driving.... Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Fairly simple job, it is the brake light switch which is mounted behind the brake pedal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.