#1 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
PSE pump air lines

Hello, after looking for 3 days for info on what each of the air lines on PSE pump are I found some explanation but it is for 1997 and they are different then mine.
I have 2002 S430 that the doors/trunk are not working.I am aware of the pump in the trunk.Every time the door is open/closed the pump start working for approximately 10-12 second but locks don't go up or down.If I manually push them locked and press unlock on the remote the all door locks open but frRight.I took out the yellow fuse out for 15 second,take out the battery, but the pump still humming for 10-12 second but the locks are not moving.The questions is: Is anybody have a explanation of what the letters SK,KAF,HECK(I think that is the rear seat head rest),TD,FOR,FOL,BFT,FT and MKL stands for.The pump I have is PP-ts20.I also checked the front seat lumber support to see if it is on 5 but i don't think I have that option.
If the trunk is open(the only way to open it is to use the spare key) the light in the front door is on and if I press the button the pump engage.If the trunk is closed(the lid can't go all the way down and it is up 1/2 inch) the light desapear.
Any idea how to check the vacuum hoses for leaks with description of the lines is really appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pse.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	358675  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2010
Vehicle: 2007 Mercedes Benz R350 with nav, iPod gen4, telephone system and iPad system. 2001 Mercedes Benz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is going on is that u a vacuum leak. That's why the doors or trunk don't lock. The way to check it is to disconnect the vacuum line from the pump (one by one ) and pump a hand vacuum pump on and see by pumping it by hand if the door or trunk will lock. A small will cause these issues . Good luck
I had to replace the vacuum pee system because the pump wasn't strong enough to pull the doors to closing. It caused similar issue as yours does . Good luck

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W220 S-Class