|11-11-2009, 12:31 PM||#1 (permalink)|
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2009
Replacing Air Filters on W220 , S500
I have a W220 , S500. I want to replace the air filtes but have not got a clue in how to do this. Whats the procedure. The whole engine has a cover on it and i dont know how to access the air filters for replacement. Can anyone explain the procedure?
|11-11-2009, 01:25 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2005 S500 4matic Sport Designo
Location: Northern NJ
piece of cake.
Tools needed-ratchet, t-25 I believe torx socket
1. open hod
2. locate black plastic intake tubes leading to engine cover.
3. pull intake tubes forward toward radiator to release from cover. remove from car
4. lift front of engine cover (has mb emblem on it. Once lifted, slide it towards radiator to remove
5. Grasp main engine cover on either side front corner and lift. You will feel the cover release from the clip. do the same on the other side. Then lift the rear of the main engine cover. Remove from vehicle.
6. Flip cover over and lay down
7. Loosen 4 torx screws on each box and lift box lid
8. Remove filter, clean lid, install new filter, replace lid, hand tighten screws
back on car
9. place entire cover back on the car, making sure to align the hole in the back.
10. Push down onto clips
11. slide front engine cover in, and push down
11. reattached intake tubes.
Whole process should take less than 15 minutes.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Replacing Engine Air Filters - 97 S500||mwhalen||W140 S-Class||3||06-02-2012 10:26 AM|
|Air Filters S500||russi2008||W140 S-Class||2||11-08-2009 10:20 AM|
|Replacing Air Filters||silverS||W220 S-Class||3||09-28-2008 12:04 PM|
|Replacing Cabin Air Filters||aldedmon||W164 M-Class||1||06-27-2007 09:37 AM|
|Replacing air filters in 99 E55||99e55||W210 E50 AMG, E55 AMG||2||05-25-2005 03:20 AM|