Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 96 and 08 911 turbos
Location: Northern NJ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
piece of cake.
Tools needed-ratchet, t-25 I believe torx socket
1. open hod
2. locate black plastic intake tubes leading to engine cover.
3. pull intake tubes forward toward radiator to release from cover. remove from car
4. lift front of engine cover (has mb emblem on it. Once lifted, slide it towards radiator to remove
5. Grasp main engine cover on either side front corner and lift. You will feel the cover release from the clip. do the same on the other side. Then lift the rear of the main engine cover. Remove from vehicle.
6. Flip cover over and lay down
7. Loosen 4 torx screws on each box and lift box lid
8. Remove filter, clean lid, install new filter, replace lid, hand tighten screws
back on car
9. place entire cover back on the car, making sure to align the hole in the back.
10. Push down onto clips
11. slide front engine cover in, and push down
11. reattached intake tubes.
Whole process should take less than 15 minutes.