2000 s500 questions on 22" rims OTHER question as well - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W220 S-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2009
2000 s500 questions on 22" rims OTHER question as well

So I just bought this car from my buddies mom...It was a deal I really couldn't pass up being that she was about to trade it in and she was the original owner. It is a black 2000 s500 designio pkg.

I am trying to put asanti 22 inch staggard rims that i had from my s550 on it. I was told from the tire and wheel guy that I had to have some kind of bolt and nut cut down on front a arms for them to fit. Is this true and wouldn't this be unsafe. He said the rims would fit after that with no problems and said he has done them before on same car. Just wanted to get advice from you guys being that some of you have 22's on your w220.

Also the car has some minor issues that I need help troubleshooting before I make the dealer trip. I'm hoping some things are fuses.

1) The trunk release does not work when you hit the button or use the remote control. (I have to open it by hand with the key everytime)
2)The car says it has 2 malfunctions. The L & R mirror blinkers are saying check the bulbs. Both are not working and They look really hard to replace. And seem like they have to be done by dealer. But I think its odd that both just went out at the same time??????
3)The alarm on the car when its locking or unlocking never beeps at all. The headlights and tail lights flash but no noise. (hoping its a fuse)

Any kind of feed back would be very helpful...

Thanks
"AS COLD AS ICE" is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Ok, he we go, why would you even think about putting 22's on the car?? I had 20 Lorinsers on mine and the ride was too rough. look in the owner's manual about the trunk release and it will tell you how to fix that. my mirror bulb went bad, bought OEM replacement on ebay, took me 5 minutes to change no problem. search this forum and will tell you how to take the mirror cover off. there is nothing wrong with your alarm, I have owned 3 mercedes C class, S class and CLK class, none of the cars beeped when the doors were locked or opened. someone can correct me if I am wrong, but mercedes do not have this feature. my escalade does. hope this helps.
xliemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 (W220 Facelift); 2008 BMW 750Li Individual
Well we have both a 2000 and a 2006 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

The 2000 never beeped until we got a new module when water leaked into the old one.
The 2006 never beeped at all.

All I can confirm is that the 2008-2009 C-Class's beep.
CarboyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2009
thanks guys for the info...

After all I decided not to go with the 22's. I'm just going to put 20's on it and call it a day.

Thanks on the info about the mirror. I am going to do my search on how to fix that.
"AS COLD AS ICE" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2009
Do not put wheels from a S550 on a S500. I just got 22's on mine and was looking at some wheels and my guy who is one of the countries top Rim dealers pushed me away from those wheels. They are NOT compatable. You will run into nothing but problems if you modify. Yu can do staggered wheels but get the correct offset. Dont buy any rims your dealer has in stock and he is just trying to sell them. Order them right! You can also order regular wheels and put a spacer on the rears. That's the route I am gonna go. My 22's fit perfectly with no mods. You are going to have a very small tire.

Whats a "good deal" as you say about your purchase. I just bought about 2 months ago. I have a 2001 S-500 with 52K miles. Mine has every option, heated- A/C seats, power massage seats, power rear shade, rear heated seats, and came with 18" chrome AMG's. My S is in Pristine condition, with no problems what so ever. It wasnt really the color I would have picked if I was out car shopping, but it was very attractive considering what I paid for it. I do custom work for a high end dealership. Im good friends with the owner. The car was just traded in on a Lexus and the owner asked me if I wanted to buy the car for what he gave the customer for it. I gladly accepted!

Heres the link to the thread that has pics of my S-500 with the 22"s. You can see how thin the tires are. Theres also pics of the custom navigation unit I just put in:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...ouble-din.html

Last edited by Lu Scola; 08-04-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Lu Scola is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W220 S-Class