#1 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking air-matic conversion to coil springs 2000 S430

Hello ive seen a lot of post discussing airmatic to coil conversion...now this isnt based on my opinion but on me actually getting the conversion done by strutmasters. its been a week n the ride is smooth i must admit its ruffer then the airmatic smooth ride but it still has a smooth ride. pushed my benz to 120 miles on the highway and the handling was good, and i have a lead foot...lol...i can say i do feel the bumps a little more now, but hey i live in new york city with some of the worst potholes in the U.S. of A. anyway i took my benz to strutmasters and the keep it over nite. next day benz was sitting pretty. now im not posting this to argue about wheter are not i should have did the conversion because its done and i know there are a million people on this forum with a lot of slick negative shit to say, im not here for that, just informing the ones with airmatic problems that there is an alternative and strutmasters got me right...so please do not i repeat do not come at me with a whole lot of negative feedback...pics are posted of my benz when she was sick will post new pick with the conversion kit on as you see in the pics i was damn near on the ground and every time i turned to the right the right side tire would rub on the fender causing my fender to bend...the last pic is of the benz after the conversion she sits pretty now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0040.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	237189   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash 1 032.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	237190   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash 1 029.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	237191   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash 1 033.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	237192   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash 1 031.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	237193  

Click image for larger version

Name:	dash 1 062.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	237201  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 08:37 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2000 S430
Fortunatly I dont have any problems with airmatic ( knock on wood) but you did not mention how much did you pay 4 all this .Front and rear or only Front ?
#3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 07:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2005 S500 4matic Sport Designo
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mencio View Post
Hello ive seen a lot of post discussing airmatic to coil conversion...now this isnt based on my opinion but on me actually getting the conversion done by strutmasters. its been a week n the ride is smooth i must admit its ruffer then the airmatic smooth ride but it still has a smooth ride. pushed my benz to 120 miles on the highway and the handling was good, and i have a lead foot...lol...i can say i do feel the bumps a little more now, but hey i live in new york city with some of the worst potholes in the U.S. of A. anyway i took my benz to strutmasters and the keep it over nite. next day benz was sitting pretty. now im not posting this to argue about wheter are not i should have did the conversion because its done and i know there are a million people on this forum with a lot of slick negative shit to say, im not here for that, just informing the ones with airmatic problems that there is an alternative and strutmasters got me right...so please do not i repeat do not come at me with a whole lot of negative feedback...pics are posted of my benz when she was sick will post new pick with the conversion kit on as you see in the pics i was damn near on the ground and every time i turned to the right the right side tire would rub on the fender causing my fender to bend...the last pic is of the benz after the conversion she sits pretty now...
I call major BS.

1. Your last picture is dated 5/3/2008. Surprisingly the weather looks nice, despite that it rained all day on Sunday the 3rd in the new york area.

2. License Plate Requirements (United States) indicates that New York requires a front license plate. In your first bunch of pictures, you do not have one. In the last picture, you have "the boss" on some sort of plate, which is certainly not one from New York.

3. NYC must have gotten very rural since I got into work this morning. Maybe you live in the middle of central park.

4. Your area sure looks a whole lot like North Carolina, where strutmasters just happens to be.

5. The kit costs $867. You claimed that you got the kit installed for $1100.
Only $233 for labor to install 4 shocks/springs and eliminate the dash errors?

6. 5 posts since you've signed up, 3 of which were in strutmaster threads?

Does anybody find this strange?
#4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 2000 S500 Black/Black
damn nothing gets through Oliver lol good job it does seem kinda strange
#5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2006 S500 4Matic
Good eye, OliverK. Looking at the plate on his car, I do believe it says North Carolina along the bottom.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverK View Post
I call major BS.

1. Your last picture is dated 5/3/2008. Surprisingly the weather looks nice, despite that it rained all day on Sunday the 3rd in the new york area.

2. License Plate Requirements (United States) indicates that New York requires a front license plate. In your first bunch of pictures, you do not have one. In the last picture, you have "the boss" on some sort of plate, which is certainly not one from New York.

3. NYC must have gotten very rural since I got into work this morning. Maybe you live in the middle of central park.

4. Your area sure looks a whole lot like North Carolina, where strutmasters just happens to be.

5. The kit costs $867. You claimed that you got the kit installed for $1100.
Only $233 for labor to install 4 shocks/springs and eliminate the dash errors?

6. 5 posts since you've signed up, 3 of which were in strutmaster threads?

Does anybody find this strange?
lol your a real funny dude if u live in nyc then you know half of the people in nyc have out of state plates...and yes the total cost was $1100.00 now i dont really give a flying **** whether you are anybody else believes me but the proof is in the pics the pics werent posted to analyze my license plates but to show b4 the conversion and after the conversion was done...yes and i have only 5 post cause its people like you who always have some negative **** to say. this is a forum to help not ridicule or past judgement. now if you feel like there is a problem well we can handle this like gentlemen i live in brooklyn and have no problem meeting any 1 in the 5 boros to show my benz to and receipt of the work strutmasters has done and by the way if you want my cell number so we can discuss this further respone to me 347 ***-****...

Last edited by Skylaw; 04-30-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Offensive language deleted.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaro View Post
Fortunatly I dont have any problems with airmatic ( knock on wood) but you did not mention how much did you pay 4 all this .Front and rear or only Front ?
hello total for the conversion with labor is $1100.00 that included front and rear....
#8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:57 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2006 ML500
If you want springs and struts get a 745 or something, airmatic is the beauty of the S class. If you cant maintain your benz go back to a civic.
#9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 10:01 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz915 View Post
If you want springs and struts get a 745 or something, airmatic is the beauty of the S class. If you cant maintain your benz go back to a civic.
Another funny guy boy im a hold my composure cause i know i will never have the opp. to meet you face to face...so buddy im a let you enjoy your cyber clowning...lmao
#10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2006 ML500
Im just telling the truth but if you wanna get on your laptop gangster sh*t then go ahead. It is what it is im not gonna beef with a herb. And that car is garbage with those 16 inch replica from ebay, the real ones dont even come in 16, with your chrome autozone chrome strips. Go get a Mazda 626 or something. Fake ass baller

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W220 S-Class