Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2002 S430 Malfunctions

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gammaess 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I currently own a 2002 S430. recently i came to experience 3 malfuctions with the vehicle. First is BAS-Break assist, Second is ESP, and third is ABS. I took the vehicle to a MB Dealer, and was told by them that the EIS Switch ( ignition switch) needs to be replaced. I was wondering if anyone else out there has experienced the same problems, and if so was it related to the EIS switch?

To add, For me to be able to turn my key in the igntion, i have to push the unlock button on the key. Is this also something to do with a faulty EIS switch or is it a security feature???

Thanks!

#2 ·
if you get your car started look in threads in here turn your steering wheel from full left to full right. I might be explaining this wrong but take a look in here search BAS,ESP,ABS. allot of us have had them pull on the dash for one reason or another. the key in the EIS Mmmm, the dealer might be right but try some other things first it does not cost anything but time to read.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.