Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I finally sold my 2000 S430 let me tell you I’m the happiest person in the world

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Nickolas 
#1 ·
I finally sold my 2000 S430 let me tell you I’m the happiest person in the world
I must say it was the worst car I ever owned!
I got it new, and didn’t sale it for all this ears because thought I’m not getting enough what I paid for it, now I’m debiting should I buy new s550
Or not????

#7 ·
I had problems with blower motor, navigation lcd display, Speedometer cluster, both power seats switch’s,
Engine electrical issues with all kind of sensors been replaced, my worst nightmare is airmatic but it is another subject, transition leakage, smart key problems, door actuator,
Suspension issues, I can remember them all but I’m so happy that I don’t have this car any more, on other hand my wife drives 2000 e320 4matic that car never had any problems, same I can say about my w124 260e, I just feel bad for the guy who bought my s430 but he appears to be the same w220 enthusiast as I see some of you on this forum all I can say he got him self an $18000 piece of junk, and not because mine was junk it was in very good condition but because all of them junk and I don’t care what ears is yours if its w220 it is JUNK !!!! which I can’t say about w210 and w124

#6 ·
All he said was it was the worst car he ever owned. I could say that about my benz too, but I still keep it. The good far outweighs the bad, but it's still not as reliable as the other cars I've owned, and I didn't even have a 220. :)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#14 ·
I have had my car for two years and at first cursed it because of the airmatic's, But now I have had a few few minor problems with it, but totaly my fault. Did you not have a warranty seeing you had it since new? that would have cost you little except for the last yrs. And i agrre with Nickolas, you must have had a fiat mechanic that just DAS the car fixed the first codes and gave up. when something happens with these cars they change what seems to stop working when the cause is down the line and that takes experience to diagnose not just hit and miss at the owner expense. Your mechanic tells you it is junk because he can't fix it! then you say all these cars are junk and you have only owned one w220. I can go on and on. I felt the same way with BMW's for awhile as all my inlaws drive them and praise them and they are always in the shop. I have two now and I am okay with them now.

#22 ·
Sorry, can't help you with the pictures. Obviously, there is something wrong either with the picture URLs or with the server where your pictures are hosted.

I upload my pictures on yandex or flickr photostreams and post them on forums via image tags.

Anyways, congratulations on purchase of the new S! Great choice!
But why have you picked a diesel motor? Does it provide enough power for such a large car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.