Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Clock Setting

37K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  cry baby 
#1 ·
Shouldn't the clock change by itself to adjust for Daylight Saving or standard time?

Mine is not changing.

#2 ·
Mine changed the week before it actually changed - I guess the dates are hardcoded in the system based on the old dates.

Check your settings, there may be one that will keep it from changing automatically, or you may be set to an area that does not observe Daylight Savings.

#3 · (Edited)
My 2001 S500 changed over the week before - the same as twalton, but my 2004 CL500 hasn't changed at all - not sure why. I'll have to play around with the menus. If successful, I will post the findings.

Exactly as gmund said, for my CL I changed it via the COMMAND by activating the System setting menu by selecting the SERV button, then Time and adjusting appropriately by using the arrow keys.

#6 ·
Yeah, it's a 2-click change out of SERV. Of course it takes 45 minutes of thumbing through the owner's manual (first) then the Comand manual to find out that it's two clicks.

#10 ·
Which Button

I used the SERV button next to the Radio / Command Center. There is a sub menu and the clock setting is in that. It's really two clicks in and very easy. You make the change there and it changes the readout in the dash next to the transmission indicator.

#11 ·
I used the SERV button next to the Radio / Command Center. There is a sub menu and the clock setting is in that. It's really two clicks in and very easy. You make the change there and it changes the readout in the dash next to the transmission indicator.
Im sure your radio is different from mine but i will check it again.

#12 ·
After you reset the clock readout on the Comand screen, don't forget to push "okay" on the channel/track knob on the lower right of the Comand control center. If you don't it won't reset and you'll think the clock on the dash needs something more than what you did.

#13 · (Edited)
The COMAND manual for my '05 S-Class specifically states that there is no automatic setting for Daylight Savings Time, and advises to change the time manually.

That is not to say that other years and models have not had the automatic changeover feature. However, the dates for DST changeover were changed in 2007, now beginning approximately two to three weeks earlier. It still ends early in November. Older models would likely not have the current changeover dates programmed.

#14 ·
My 2000 does have the "automatic daylight savings" check box . It is accessed through the "sys button" > time settings > language > country > time zone > auto daylight savings.

Still doesn't do it on the right day of the year so I have it disabled and I simply adjust the "time zone" to compensate since the time cannot be changed directly.

#15 ·
My 2000 does have the "Still doesn't do it on the right day of the year so I have it disabled and I simply adjust the "time zone" to compensate since the time cannot be changed directly.
The time in my 2000 can be changed directly by the sys button then Time/Date at the bottom right.

#17 · (Edited)
On my 2004 S55 the clock is automatically set via satellite I believe (there is a picture of a satellite while in SERV/time screen) I can not change the date (it's grayed out) and I can only change minutes in 30 min increments. Is there a way to disable the auto mode and set the date/time manually. My clock keeps changing and gets set incorrectly every other time when I start the car. Thanks in advance and sorry the manual was missing when I bought the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.