Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Door Handle Illumination

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  forcedawd 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to replace "bulb" that illuminates the interior handle on 2006 S500?

#4 ·
Speaking of this, I noticed that on my driver's door the light will come on initially and then go out after a few seconds. (The other three door lights stay on continuously.) Sometimes it lights up again for a second or two, but it pretty much stays off the whole time--in other words, the bulb is not burnt out, but something is happening.

Before I mention it to the dealer, is there any way this intermittent flashing could be related to the installation of the Dension Gateway? I did try turning it (the Dension) off via the glovebox switch but the same thing happens...no illumination except for a brief flash or two.

It's really just about the most minor thing that can go wrong with this car, but it's kind of annoying.

#10 ·
Speaking of this, I noticed that on my driver's door the light will come on initially and then go out after a few seconds. (The other three door lights stay on continuously.) Sometimes it lights up again for a second or two, but it pretty much stays off the whole time--in other words, the bulb is not burnt out, but something is happening.
Mine will do the same. Will I need to replace the module or is there something else I need to look at?

#5 · (Edited)
I've done mine.. its a $25.00 module that have a small LED and it works off the canbus.That makes the illumination not a bulb..

I posted the part number and a pic for the passenger side but not the driver on here somewhere, or the other forum.. If I can find it I'll refer you otherwise you should be able to search and get what yo are looking for.
But your car should be under warrant for this.Either way its and easy fix..

Found it.. here it is.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w22...recess-light.html?highlight=door+illumination

#9 ·
Interior Illuminated lights

I had same problem actually, all lights were lit (pass door handles, front/rear footwells and under rearview mirror) except driver's door handle. They give a soft ambiance lighting inside the cabin kind of like an airplane. However like mentioned before it is covered under warranty. My was covered, dealer replace with no problems. I have a 05'. I believe they're made to stay on continuously, I like them. I do think you can dim them by turning the dimmer switch button on the left of your instrument cluster. Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.