Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Setting the clock on the S500

35K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  G.AMG 
#1 ·
I know this sound crazy, but I look at the owner manual that came with the vehicle and I can find any information on how to set the clock on this thing. I'm sure its there, but I can't find it.

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome th the forum. The search tool is your friend. This question is asked and answered a lot. Buried in your owner's manual is a brief 2-line instruction referring you to the COMAND manual for setting time.

You set it using the "SVC" (service) button, selecting the "SYS" (System) Settings, then "Date & Time" on COMAND. If you don't have a COMAND manual, there is an electronic version at http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/comand_manual.htm Although the available manuals start at 2001, you will find the '01 version to be similar to your car.

#3 ·
I have tried that but the hour option has been grayed out and can only change the minutes. It is somehow getting its time from the satelite and I can change it anymore. Normally you don't have to worry about changing the time, but now that daylight savings time is earlier, it still is behine one hour.

thanks

#4 ·
I dont know the american version, but the Japan version is controled by satelite and no matter how many times you change it, it will go back to being one hour out. But that is Japan cars in china and there is a one hour difference. But you have an American model? Strange

#5 ·
I changed mine through COMAND like Skylaw explained, but I had to do it a couple of times before the machine was convinced I really wanted to change the time. Don't understand that, but the change didn't "take" the first or second times--maybe even three. MBUSA sent me an e-mail telling me how to change the time. It was wrong. So much for good intentions.

#7 ·
This is a good point, but the Japan Mercs we have in china do not have China on the location in command so back to the drawing board here.:eek:

#8 ·
By down loading the COMAND manual (it's free) I was able to easily follow the steps to setting my clock. However, my toggle switch is missing the button cover. I can use it to go back and forth an side to side. I can push down on the exposed pin button nothing happens. My question: is there another way to 'enter or go'??

#10 ·
G.GMA Thanks for responding. However, I never got as far as minutes. I got to Central Time Zone when I needed to confirm that choice. I can press the OK on the joy-stick but nothing happens. My computer skills are minimal so I wonder if there's another way to confirm a setting other than using the 'OK' on the joy-stick rather than making an expensive trip to the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.