I hand made an entire Carbon fiber interior trim package for my CL55- Photos inside - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W215 CL Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Location: Home in Laguna Beach, CA + condo in West Hollywood CA
Talking I hand made an entire Carbon fiber interior trim package for my CL55- Photos inside

Hey everyone, havent been on the forms for a while, been working nonstop on many projects which I'll be posting now.

This Project took me over a month. Countless hours sanding, prepping, bonding, filing, cutting and finishing the cutouts and edges where the buttons go. Never have I worked with CF before, yet I achieved a very good fit/finish, and am very satisfied. I could not source any aftermarket CF interiors, so I made my own.

The part I bought was the shifter handle, it is handmade in Germany from manufacturer Sachez. I achieved the same finish as the professionally made unit, so I'm pleased with my work. I have all the videos and steps showing how I made the carbon if anybody is interested, message me.

Inspiration: AMG's own, CL55 F1. Beautiful, rare car- but no Kompressor. But since I do have a highly modified Kompressor equipped car, now I have best of all worlds. Power and style that reflects my determination to create my perfect vision of this model CL55.

My version: the touch surfaces are in black genuine perforated alcantara material, like my OEM headliner.

Also made the sl63 shift paddles, and carbon fiber paddle retrofit!!

Plus Novasuede door handles, and ultrasuede door pannel trim lowers!

It was costly, time consuming- but oh so awesome to have a truely custom interior. Made by me- for me.
Thanks for looking.

///AMG CL55 Kompressor

Eurocharged ECU Tune
TCU custom reflashed + C63 Shift Paddles
Killer Chiller
Ported TB
Custom IC tank
550cc injectors
3.5" Full alum. intake+ hi-flo filters
+2 psi Smaller Supercharger pulley
UPD Belt wrap kit
Resonators deleted
Eurocharged FMIC
HD Bosch I/C pump
-10*C Cooling mod
ASP Billet pulleys
Designo suede
ozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Here's a good shot of the Ultrasuede door trim with the Novasuede™ door handles that are perforated as well

Old 08-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 02 CL55 AMG, 03 Honda CBR 600RR, 66 Ford Galaxie 500, 90 4x4 5.0 Ford Bronco, 17 ft offshore boat
i really like the doors/paddle shifters done in carbon fiber with your color interior, not a fan of the center console though

check out my band's free EP!
http://hollowtides.bandcamp.com/

ctravis595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: CL600 2000
Great work. I had purcheased them!
Gissmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gissmo View Post
Great work. I had purcheased them!
Thanks, but no companies manufacture the parts, so I had to make them . The gear shifter handle is a German made Sachez part, that I modified to work on my 722 transmission- and you can see the quality of my parts equal the professionally made part, so I'm very satisfied.

Next, I'm ordering a custom $2000 carbon/alcantara steeringwheel. They take a few months to make, so I'll post it when I install it. The cool thing is the company I'm working with allows me to design the wheel, and they will make it .
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctravis595 View Post
i really like the doors/paddle shifters done in carbon fiber with your color interior, not a fan of the center console though
Thanks, but leaving the wood center console would look terrible. I changed all the wood to carbon to make the continuity flow properly. All the carbon on the exterior now matches my interior.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Nice work and attention to detail.

Have you considered the steering wheel with CF inserts on the top and bottom? Kind of expensive, but it would seriously complete the look.
Check Codes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check Codes View Post
Nice work and attention to detail.

Have you considered the steering wheel with CF inserts on the top and bottom? Kind of expensive, but it would seriously complete the look.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozan View Post
Next, I'm ordering a custom $2000 carbon/alcantara steeringwheel. They take a few months to make, so I'll post it when I install it. The cool thing is the company I'm working with allows me to design the wheel, and they will make it .

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W215 CL Class