Door Control Module Spring - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W215 CL Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2013
Door Control Module Spring

Hi,

My windows were not closing the last few mm so I looked on the forum and got instructions on how to remove the passenger side DCM. There was a loose white socket that when i held in the windows closed so the only way i can see of holding this in is with DUCT tape or such as it does not appear to lock into place like the drivers side DCM which I checked and appears to be a lot more solid.

Problem is when I slide the DCM release back the spring inside the mechanism jumped down the door, it didn't appear to be seated like the door side DCM spring and I know before I bought this car they had to fiddle with passenger side as it was loose.

So my question is is there a replacement part for the spring ( I don't have the tools to take the door panel off ) and is there a better way of securing the loose white connector other than duct tape. At the moment I have tape securing the DCM as without this the two clips on the bottom are not enough to keep it secure, the spring latch at the top is required and its such a weird Z shape spring.

Hopefully this is then a lucky escape.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > W215 CL Class