Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MBUSA Intervention

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  njriedel25 
#1 ·
Morning everyone,

Was wanting to see if anyone has ever had or has heard of MBUSA being contacted for help regarding an issue with your vehicle? Ever since Ive owned my 2011 E350 bluetec, I have been constantly been fighting a vibration issue ever since purchasing the vehicle from the dealer and it still has yet to be resolved. Ive done;

All fluids (Full B service)
Front brakes and rotors
Right shock
Both motor and transmission mounts
poly V-Belt
ALignment
New tires (Michelin MXM4's)
Numerous Balances
Even messed with Air pressure

I believe the dealer has had the vehicle more than I have and I love the car but the vibration will not go away. It seems like its speed and Engine related because 0-40 is fine, approaching 45-60 it gets worse, somewhat disappear 64-70 and then comes back 70-80. I know I'm hypersensitive some but everyone knows what Im talking about when intuitively you can sense that something is going on especially via the steering wheel. Im wondering if MBUSA would send someone to look into my history and case, even though its used, I feel like after the numerous times of trying to get it resolved the dealer is just shooting blanks now. Love my E350, also own a C300 and have never had vibration issues that werent solved from a balance, new tires, or even an alignment.

See less See more
#3 ·
mbusa

Punctual as usual, theyve already replied as well and looking into my cars history. Guy was amazed by my vehicles history as well, so....hopefully theyll get to the bottom of things. My main worry is that they get my vehicle and then they say they dont find anything....I drive the thing every day....and its not my first...I know its not right...>_<

Crossing my fingers. Will update.

#5 ·
Morning everyone,

Was wanting to see if anyone has ever had or has heard of MBUSA being contacted for help regarding an issue with your vehicle? Ever since Ive owned my 2011 E350 bluetec, I have been constantly been fighting a vibration issue ever since purchasing the vehicle from the dealer and it still has yet to be resolved. Ive done;
Wow. That is not good news for me. I have the same issue.
Difference is that mine started after a tire rotation by the dealer 2 weeks ago.
So, barring a humongous coincidence, I think mine is tire/balance/wheel related.
Still waiting on a fix myself.

Good luck to you.
Other than this hopefully temporary problem, the E350 BlueTec is a GREAT car!:smile

#7 ·
Issue

Appreciate it, hoping it gets resolved without costing me an arm and a leg, Im tired of dumping money into this car. Cant afford to do much more. Im in love with the car, mileage, detail, and the 2011 model is my favorite by far as far as the design which is why I bought it but....just cant handle my hands wrapping around a vibrator 90% of the time. It has be engine related or power steering, Ive done everything else....Just need them to take the time and troubleshoot all possibilities and not just jump on the first thing that comes to mind.

#8 ·
Not sure how many miles the E350 had on it when you purchased, but front end components (control arm bushings, lower ball joints, tie rod ends) have been known to show wear at as little as 50K miles. It's likely that all this has been checked by the dealer, but if all else is in order and you feel it in the steering there's a good chance there's somethings going on up front.

Any uneven tire wear? are they OEM wheels or aftermarket? A wheel can be slightly out of true and balance ok on the machine as well.

Doubtful it's engine related.

#9 ·
I was going to say that maybe the tires should be balanced on a Hunter road force machine. But I think most MB dealers have it, you can check Hunter's website for a list of locations. Maybe you need to go to that dealer and tell them you want the wheels on the Hunter road force machine. Could be a bad tire or a slightly bent rim and maybe they're not looking that closely.

#10 ·
Another tough would be checking so-called hydro-bushings.
I had situation on W211 where I had vibration resonating with wheel turn at freeway speeds.
Drove me nuts for weeks and I was checking hydro-bushing with pry bar and they did flex some, like common knowledge says they should.
So after some try-by error turned out the bushing had some play before metal inner sleeve would start rubbing outer metal sleeve.
Misleading was the noise coming with wheel rotation, but new bushing solved the issue.

#11 ·
suspension

WOnder if would be too much of a stretch for them to just change all the bearings and bushings on the suspension components. Im having a clunk noise going over bumps at slower speeds I'm starting to hear now which is weird considering I had my right front strut changed a few months ago and the other was fine.....Gonna be a brand new car by the time Im done.

#12 ·
It is not easy call as bushing replacement require press or special tool set to press them.
Lot of owners buy whole control arm assemble to avoid the difficult part, but whole arms on new cars are not cheap neither.
Still an hour spend under the lifted car with pry bars and long screwdrivers can prove to be priceless.
Take couple of beers with you to relax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.