Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Considering used E350

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  CetiAlpha5 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.
Considering either a C300 or an E350. This would be my first MB.
Going to look at a few this weekend.

Was wondering, what feature codes or packages should I be making sure the car has and why?
I am trying to use VIN lookups to check packages but some of the codes are cryptic.

Thanks!

#3 ·
I would get a Data Card for the cars you are interested in. On the General Mercedes-Benz forum here you can request one. It will show you the build date, and what options the car was equipped with. A VMI (Vehicle Master Inquiry) will show the service history of the car. A PPI could show any potential issues that might be a problem, or accident damage, etc. I have found the E class sedans to have more than ample leg room for my 6' 2" height, 240 lb weight. In 2012 E350 engines were redesigned, and have better MPG, and 302 horsepower. Good Luck!

#8 ·
PrePurchase Inspection (PPI) cost will depend on who looks at it. A dealership could answer the question for you, or a local shop that specializes on Mercedes. The M-B dealer service department might give you the Service History (VMI) with previous owners info redacted. They should also be able to give you a copy of what option codes the car was built with. The Data Card info might be available to you by the gentleman with the pinto in an earlier post by sending him a private message (has been very helpful to me on past purchases) Again Good Luck.

#10 ·
The brochure is a nice place to start. But to figure out the codes, go here and under the specs section, click on features and it gives you a list of the options available along with the option codes.

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Reviews and Rating | Motor Trend

To decode the vin, here's two sites:

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz

https://mb.ilcats.ru/

The first one is very good and in English, but it cuts you off if you do too many searches. The second one is a Russian site and isn't as good but doesn't really cut you off.

For me, I like all the options, the pano roof, keyless go, bixenons with headlamp washers and active curve illumination, parktronic, power trunk closer, driver assistance package etc.

It's hard to find them so you typically have to settle for a few of them. I'd start with one that had the P2 package and then anything else is a bonus. Finding a P2 with the driver assistance package and night vision is probably one of the rarest. Instead of doing too many VIN searches, figure out from the pictures of the car what options it has. Distronics has a square block in the grill, bixenons have the headlamp washers. Parktronic has the sensor array on the dash and the button to turn it off and the round sensors in the front and rear bumper. Keyless go is a button instead of the key in the ignition. MB-tex has a single horizontal stitch in the seat, real leather I think is 3 vertical ones. Power trunk closer has two buttons on the trunk lid, but most of the time they don't show the rear with the trunk up.

#11 ·
Thanks for all of the help everyone!
I am happy to announce that I have "joined the club".

Yesterday I bought my first Mercedes Benz. A 2010 E350 Luxury 4Matic. Pearl Beige Metallic exterior with Black Anthracite interior.
Only had 30k miles and looks and drives like a brand new car. I'm hoping it lasts for a long time. Totally enjoyable to drive.

Now I've got even more reading to do! (Owner's manual and getting the stereo to let me stream music from my iphone.)

Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.