Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hood Problem

21K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  mike_747 
#1 ·
Hi,

Recently I am getting warning on my dashboard that my hood is open, though the hood is firmly closed.
It started few days ago, when the driving speed reach above 50-55miles/hr red warning light comes on
it beeps 7 times, and stays on, I cant control any of the steering wheel knob on left side to turn of the warning.
when speed goes down to 20-25miles and at stop, warning goes away. and it reappear again on highway speed above 50-60Miles/hr.
any help to correct the problem would vary much appreciated.

#5 ·
Hi,

I looked but couldn't find the switch. there are three latches one on driver side, one middle and one on passenger side. all are in the front. driver and passenger side has cable for pull and middle one has lever to pull open the hood from the front. don't see the switch or sensor and where located? also where is the fuse for hood sensor? detailed photo would help. Thanks

#11 ·
Every time I have my car detailed I have the warning light. This is because the guys working on my car don't "slam" the hood shut. I find it funny that a few posts above the instructions say to let the hood drop from 8 inches. My hood stays frozen in position and I have to firmly push in down and close it with authority or the hood open sensor will be on. It has been this way since day one.

#12 ·
Hi,

Open and closed the hood with good slam, but still the warning comes on highway speed like above 50-60 miles/hr and stays there till I slow down at exit or stop sign.
at local street drive no warning at all. but as soon as I go on highway and speed up 50-60 miles/hr the warning for open hood comes up and beep for 7 times(I counted)
and same time I could not use the steering controls on left side of the steering wheel. Still couldn't locate the micro switch for hood. (detailed picture and location would Help!!!)

Thanks.

#14 ·
vsv, can you fill out your profile w/ model, year, your location (including city)....if you do have to go to a mechanic you may get good suggestions from others local to you.

#16 ·
Are you saying there are 3 hood latches and each has a microsensor and we need to replace all 3? I have a 2013 e350 sport sedan with this intermittent and faulty hood latch warning light saying the hood is open, when it's not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.