Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New member with a couple of questions

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Johnsd2 
#1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a CPO 2013 E 350. When I registered the car on the MB website it said the car has a prepaid maintenance plan until October of 2019. There was no mention of this when I bought the car, but the salesman did say he would give me 2 free oil changes @ 10000 mile intervals. So, is he providing those for "free" or is the plan transferable to me and the oil changes have already been paid for?

I am one of the people who finds the driver seat uncomfortable. I bought the car figuring I can fix that with a foam cushion. I've ordered one from amazon that was recommended by one of the members here. Which brings me to another question, has anyone fitted a sheepskin seat cover over a pad in their car? Also, do you folks recommend any particular company for the sheepskin covers?

I am really enjoying this car and hope to keep it for a good long while, so any tips are greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
Well the maintenance plan is tied to the VIN so you can go to any MB dealer and have them check the VIN to see if the plan is valid.

As for the hood star, I go through car washes all the time, it's always fine. The only danger is knocking it off if the car is covered in snow. I miss judged the location once and it broke right off. $37 later, I got a new one. Seems to be the same one for all cars, C, E, S etc.

#5 ·
Are you seats the MB Tex? Seems most owners with those seats don't like them. Owners that paid extra for the perforated leather tend to like them better. I got the perforated leather and they are ok. Though not even as comfortable as the leather seats in my old Nissan Maxima.

#7 ·
They are MB Tex. Interestingly, I have driven other W212 E's and the driver's seat was very comfortable. I wonder if the previous owner was a tiny person and the middle part of the seat sunk compared to the bolsters.:laugh I think it is more likely that there is enough sample to sample difference to cause the issue. Anyhow, I ordered a cushion from Amazon and it will be here Wednesday. Hopefully, that will work.

#6 ·
I have the MB-Tex with the dynamic seats. The massage function is nice, but it did rip where the side bolsters come on during cornering. My other car, the W211, has real leather and it's all still intact. Seems like it's thicker than MB-Tex. They can both become uncomfortable after a few hours although I always seem to think it'd be fine if I found the right adjustment. It seems like it's a little too low but won't go any higher. I've moved the seat back a little more and it seems to last a bit longer. Or with the dynamic seat, you can push the front cushion out more and that also helps.

#13 ·
MB seats are like a firm mattress you have to get use to them. I have had four different Benz's and you have to break them in. They get better over time. The leather is not as stiff as the MB Tex and feels better. I had a 08 E350 coco brown leather, 10 with black MB Tex very stiff at first then got better. A 13 CLS550 Almond leather, and now a E550 black leather. The leather is a lot better as far as being comfortable. I only weigh 175 pounds so I am not putting a lot of weight on the seats. Give it time and it will get better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.