Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Shock absorber upper bearing squeeks

967 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  fju2112 
#1 ·
Over the past couple of weeks, a squeak occurs when I turn left on my '10 E350

Listening with the hood up, and turning the wheel the sound is coming from the the left shock absorber bearing. No doubt. It only squeeks when turning left.

Question: is this something that should be covered by my CPO warranty?

Any foreseeable pitfalls if I bring it into the dealer ?

thanks for your advise.

walterk55 is offline Report Post

#2 ·
Did you ever get this checked out, curious to know if they covered it under CPO?

I am hearing a squeak but it seems to be inside the cabin an when I take my foot off the accelerator or let up on it a little. No idea what that is/could be??

#3 ·
The bearing at the top of the shock assembly was squeeky. There was even a tech bulletin on this problem, but despite that, they said it was not covered by my still valid CPO !!
When I went in for the problem, I slipped a $100 bill to the service advisor, and then the replacement of the bearing became a "customer goodwill freebie" Bottom line it cost $100 to get fixed.

The squeeking would occur at low speeds only when turning left (as I recall) no problem in the other direction. Sound was very annoying.

hope this helps

#4 ·
what did they do fix it, replace?

My squeak seems to be coming from inside the cabin, not when I'm turning the wheel, almost as if it's behind and to the left of the steering wheel, like just inside the dash? Unless I have a new pet mouse, I have no idea what it could be back there. It doesn't happen over bumps or when steering. it just happens. I notice it frequently when I let up on the gas pedal, but that's not the ONLY time it happens, it's just odd.

#6 ·
it would be hard to get the sound on video while driving, because any NVH will probably disallow you from hearing it (yes, even in a Benz on soft Contis) :) But I'll give it a shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.