Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Visor Warning Stickers

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  samkimg 
#1 ·
I lease a new E about every two years and one of the pre-delivery requests I always ask of my dealer is to remove those ugly cheap looking black and yellow air bag warning stickers on the sun visors.
Yesterday I took delivery of a new 2014 E Luxury and my dealer told me the stickers could not be removed because they are applied using heat. He seems to be correct since I see no way to remove them w/o damage.
Therefore, the question arose...can visors be obtained w/o the warning stickers in the US or if new visors are ordered will they arrive with the stickers?
My dealer could not answer this question and the fix for me is to swap the visors from my 2012. However, what do I do in another two years?
Thanks,
Mark

#2 ·
Therefore, the question arose...can visors be obtained w/o the warning stickers in the US or if new visors are ordered will they arrive with the stickers?
My dealer could not answer this question and the fix for me is to swap the visors from my 2012. However, what do I do in another two years?
Thanks,
Mark
Well, you live in the most litigious nation on earth, where lawyers unfortunately dictate corporate matters.

Perhaps your dealer's Parts Dept. could order you 'Euro-style' visors without the ugly legal notice ? But I would have my doubts.

The other alternative would be to carefully test a permanent black felt marker and see it would blot out the colour and text of the warning sticker. Be thankful that those dam ugly stickers are not (as yet) permanently inscribed into the dashboard !!!

#10 ·
On my 2010 one of the stickers just fell off during the year and the other loosened up enough for me to simply pull it off. On my 2014, they're still well stuck on after three months, but like others, I just don't "see" them anymore.

Can't say that agree with "I think they cheapen the look of the interior" as most every car out there is the U.S.A. of Lawsuits have them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.