Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Lo (w) Rider

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wofton 
#1 ·
Parked the 2011 E-350 wagon for a couple of days and noticed the low position of the car in the rear. Started her up and got the wait signal car is levelling info on the screen. Compressor pumped her up in about 45 seconds. Last night after parking, same thing in the morning. Down about 3 1/2 inch from the normal ride heigth. Dealer appointment in 4 days. (Busy Season) Searching about this problem I found out that this is indeed not rare and cars with the airmatic that were build between 2009-2011 plus some of the earlier S-Models appeared to be especially prone to this. As I am writing this my car is lowering itself at the rate of 1/4 inch per hour while parked. I will park this car until Monday's appointment and go with the old trusted 2002 Supercharged 530i BMW. Will let you all know about the Dealer's diagnostic.

#4 ·
This is an interim update on the rear suspension of my wagon. Dealership ordered all the parts for the entire rear suspension, i.e. compressor, struts, lines, air bags etc. Should be here in about a week. Glad that MB is not just throwing parts at the problem but going the whole way to replace everything. Kudos for MB for that. Had a loaner 2014 E350 non 4matic. Got to say that my wagons ride is smoother and the engine quieter when accelerating. Took it back and am using my SC 530i E39 for every day driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.