Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Should 2015 C-Class been the the 2014 E-Class Mid Refresh?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Josh 
#1 ·
I was perusing the newly released photos (exterior & interior) of the 2015 C-Class, that will be manufactured in the U.S. and was taken aback! The car is stunning! Beautiful in its exterior sheet metal body, completely reworked to favor the S-Class, and the interior is AMAZING! Has anyone else thought like me…why didn't MB consider (while at the mid-refresh cycle table) bringing some of the refreshed look to the interior of the 2014 E-Class? This is bizarre. I am aware that the E-Class will be revamped for 2016 model year, but I would have loved to see the interior and rear resemble the refreshed 2015 C-Class…IT IS TRULY A WORK OF ART!! Thoughts?

2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class First Look - Motor Trend

Len

#2 ·
Yes, I agree that the exterior of the new C Class is very attractive from most angles. I'm not a fan of its rear end (too much like a Jag S) nor do I care for the iPod like tablet plunked into the middle of the dash.

But overall, MB has created a much superior styling package to the 3 Series sedan. BMW should be very concerned with the introduction of this well designed competitor; 3 Series sales will likely suffer.

Reactions: Dwight33
#3 ·
This is the best C Class yet with style and fashion . Honestly, I would not image MB will put many cool gadgets in it .
I like taillights too , reminiscent of S Class but shape of it also is nicely tailored and beautifully executed .
Interior is rather like a model from upscale line up ,great to see leather stitches are all over the place .
My only complaint is we don't see numeric buttons as opposed to W204 and rest of MB models in present day minus W222 S Class
It's another note worth taking ,Airmatic is the 1st that are used in mid sized sedans and W205 is crowned by that

#4 ·
The C-class was always designed to be the baby S-class until the W204 bastard child came out. I never liked the current C-class, but this new 2015 model looks promising. If this new C is any indication, the next-gen E-class should be epic.

#6 ·
If you look at the new C, the facelifted E, and the new S, there's a clear resemblance between all three. The E-Class took the first plunge toward a look that would be shared across all the sedans. The only difference is that the E maintains a different style tail end, while the new S- and C-Classes share the same teardrop style tail lights with a similar trunk shape. I predict it'll be another 4-5 years before we see a new E-Class (W213, perhaps?).

#8 ·
It will almost certainly be a MY2017 to arrive in 2016; each MB sedan series has a 7 year lifespan. For example: W204 C Class: 2008-2014 = 7 model years.

W211 E Class: 2003-2009 = 7 model years. Refresh in the 5th model year, hence 2014 refresh for W212. With over 2000 changes for MY2014 E Class, MB needs 3 model years to absorb the huge expense of these extensive modifications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.