Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E250 BT Cost of 5 yr/50K Prepaid Maintenance

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  2000 C280 Sport 
#1 ·
How much are you guys paying for the above 5yr/50K prepaid maintenance service?

Len

#4 ·
$3,500? Are you crazy?

Based on mileage alone, that's 5 oil changes (every 10k), 2 fuel filters (every 20k), 2 brake fluid flushes (every 2 years), engine air filter (at 50k), and sure as hell better include a rear differential and transmission flush (and transmission filter) at 40k. Also, this better cover AdBlue fluids (as needed).

$625 worth of oil changes ($125 ea)
$250 worth of fuel filter changes ($125 ea)
$250 worth of brake fluid flushes ($125 ea)
$100-$250 engine air filter (my estimate, may require adaptation)
$400 rear differential flush
$600 transmission fluid flush
$100 AdBlue refills (rough estimate)

Total: $2475 out of pocket at the dealer of your choice.

#7 · (Edited)
For the record:

Diesel engine fuel filter gets replaced every 4 years/40k miles (pg.12)

Both the gasoline and diesel engines need oil changes every 10k, so there's no difference in cost or requirements between the two.

Gasoline engines require new spark plugs at 60k miles... diesels don't have spark plugs.... and a 5/50k service contract won't cover spark plugs because it's outside the mileage of the contract.

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/maintenancebooklets/MY14_Maintenance_Booklet.pdf

What really comes as a shocker is the CLA needs a transmission oil and filter change at 30,000 miles!!!! YIKES

#8 ·
I just took delivery of a 2014 E350 and the prepaid maintenance didn't make sense. After running the numbers I would save virtually nothing. With no savings to me, what is the point? Also remember as time goes by you are paying the service bills with cheaper dollars due to inflation and the time value of money. Seems like another way for the Stealer to get a lump some of money to help their bottom line.

#9 ·
According to MBUSA it will all come down to the dealer and their pricing. If you are fortunate enough to live where there are many dealers then choose the best price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.