Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Panoramic sun roof

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GeoffWillis 
#1 ·
Greetings and please indulge some newbie questions:
We test drove a 2010 E350 Coupe today, Black on black, Premium 2 package with AMG wheels and only 17,000 miles. We love the car except for the Panoramic sun roof. While most people seem to really love this option, we live in San Antonio TX, and it was 95 degrees today, and summer isn't even here yet! We have real concerns about the amount of heat that was coming in during the test drive. The electric shade over the sunroof is perforated rather than a solid panel like I'm used to. Is there any way to effectively block the sun roof without resorting to duct tape and cardboard??? Another concern is the long term cost of ownership.
What do things like Timing belt/water pump, or other common maintenance items REALLY cost. Appreciate any insight, known problems for this year/model. We really loved the car, but the sunroof could be a deal breaker.
Thanks,
Geoff Willis

#2 · (Edited)
This forum is for sedans but since you mainly ask for panoramic roof I can help you here
My car has also pano roof and my seats are black , the car is black too . So, it's black / black situation lol
I had some concerns too prior to picking up my car for same concerns .However, it turned out to be not as hot as I thought it would be .
To make a comparison , I had a Jaguar XJ40 with a black interior , westminister blue exterior color and after a few hours wait in hot summer days , the car was unbearable interior was so hot to touch anything literally .
Whereas , it proved that it was not case in my MB . Last summer I could easily sit in the car and touch anything w/o no drama .
That said, you can also have a pro shop tint your pano roof if you like .
A/C works great too :D

#3 ·
Sorry, wrong thread

Sorry about the incorrect post, looking further down I see what you meant, separate area for coupes. Long day looking at cars and attention to detail slipping. Regardless, I appreciate the response. I fear the panoramic roof will be a deal breaker as my wife just hated the sun coming through. Her Lexus i 10 years old and the sun roof has never been opened... Without some solid shade I just don't see her changing her mind. A pity cause I loved the car, handled like a dream, decent acceleration, and just such a solid feel. Overall a wonderful car, with one glaring fault specific to us in the deep south. I know it sounds silly, but the only time I've used my sunroof is in our "Winter" (January/February), or at night, rest of the time the sun beats down too much to enjoy even just the light coming through the glass.
Thanks,
Geoff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.