Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

4matic wheels - same width but different offsets

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  hbtigerden 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
Semi Newbie here (forgot my old username and email used) who took possession of 2010 e550 4Matic w/ P02.

Absolutely love this car!

I upgraded from an 03 E500 (my 2nd Benz) which was lowered via star, had the 09 E63 AMG Body Kit and 19" Mandrus Stuttgart

Loved that car too. sorta miss up. i guess its just separation anxiety.

Anyways, when I got this new ride, I told myself i was going to keep it stock. But I'm getting the itch again and now looking for some new wheels. Since, I have the das computer handy it's only a matter of will power to when i end up adjusting the airmatic levels. Will power is diminishing rapidly :)

So the question is geared towards the offsets of the new wheels. I did do a search but didn't find any specific threads on the topic.

Since its a 4matic, I'm going to completely rule out a staggered setup, up for debate - I know. I'm going to keep all the widths at 8.5 inch. However, I'd like to have the rear wheels at a lower offset to take up more of the gap in wheel well.

My old E500 had spacers in the rear to accomplish the same thing. To me this was a bit hacky and something I ended up doing only because the wheels were used from a forum member so had to deal with what I had.

Now that I have a choice, I'd rather get the right wheel instead of doing the spacer. I know i'll be losing out on the ability to rotate...

Thoughts or opinion on the matter?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.