Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Question about differential fluid in 2013 E350 Wagon

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  klobbr300CECab 
#1 ·
We recently purchased a 2013 E350 Wagon. While perusing the service guide I noticed that MB suggests replacement of differntial fluid after the first 2,000 miles for E-Class equipped with "limted slip" differentials. The E350 Wagon comes standard with 4MATIC. I didn't see anything in the owner's or sales documentation that specifically designated the diff on 4MATIC cars as "limited slip", though I understand that there are electronic controls to control traction. I understand limited slip concepts in my Corvettes, but I don't believe the same technology is involved in my wagon.

Question: Would the diff in my wagon be included in those qualifying for the early diff fluid change, or is there a specific "limited slip" option available on the current E-Class that is different from the system used on my 4MATIC wagon? I love this car and want to take care to insure that it lasts forever!

Thanks for any enlightenment.

#2 ·
Limited slip diff is an option for the E63 AMG wagon. I would have gone the AMG route if the wagon could be had with 4-Matic - a very important feature in my neck of the woods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.