Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Clear bra cost?

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Bigrede350 
#1 ·
I'm having premium clear bra installed on my 2011 E350 sedan at body motion in south jersey.
Third of the hood, fenders, mirrors, and top front of roof for $1,000.

Am I being charged too much?
Thanks

#3 ·
My BMW is 7 years old and has a clear bra installed by the dealer since day 1. It has not bubbled at all and even after 145,000 miles in the Northeast it still looks pretty darn good: invisible. I think it is a must for the snow belt areas where we have salt on the roads for 4-5 months every year. Dealer cost in MA is $850 for Venture Shield. My cpo w212 had it already installed. Just make sure that whoever is doing the job is a pro!

#4 ·
Price sounds about right. I paid $850 to have a clear bra installed on the front fascia only (plus headlights) on a 2004 W211 when the car was new. The 3M film was still on the car (and looked new) when I traded it in (2011) - no dirt buildup and no bubbles.

#6 ·
I have had the 3M clear bra installed on 3-4 cars including my E550. I've never had any issues, bubbles, or deterioration . In fact, the one currently on my 911 is about 7years old now and still looks good. Definitely protects the paint from rock chips and bug damage which is a problem down here in FL.

The price seems pretty fair all things considered. As one other posted, the installers skills are paramount. It takes experience and skill to do a truly professional job! Just my .02.

#9 ·
Well I do not recommend Bodymotion in Ocean NJ. Big crease on drivers side lower front spoiler. Ace who installed the Xpel said it's not going to be perfect. This outfit is on Xpel's list of certified installers in NJ. This substandard job cost me $1,000. After complaining he said he will redo but won't guarantee it will be perfect. Stay away from these folks.

#10 ·
Why didn't you go to a MB dealer? I think they are cheaper than $1000 (at least in MA) and the guarantee a perfect job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.