Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pandora integration with 2010 e350 Command system

22K views 58 replies 24 participants last post by  Rlima69 
#1 ·
I have been looking for way to get the information (song, album, artist) from Pandora from my Android phone to display on the command screen and the screen in the display cluster of my 2010 e350. i wasn't able to find one so i went off to program one myself. everything is fully functional now and is a better option in my opinion than satelite. is anyone interested in having this capability? im trying to gauge interest if i should put this in the android market or not. i'll prolly put it up for free but at least i would like a mb hat or shirt out of the deal. :D

it also works in a 2011 bmw 535xi. i don't have any other cars to test on.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Apple products are tough to work with from a modification perspective. The tools to decompile and evaluate ios applications just are not available in the same way android os applications are. with that being said, i am always up for a challenge.

one thing i should have posted earlier is that this update does not require the use of the media interface plus and is for bluetooth streaming (no wires!!). the controls work on the command system too.

#15 ·
apple dev

I don't have any apple products to develop on. So unless someone wants to send me an old iPhone it is not going to happen. Since I don't charge for my work I don't like to invest in hardware I don't use.

I'm starting work to on other music apps that will do the same thing. More to come.

#16 ·
I just got the Motorola Razr Maxx HD. Now i have this problem that it'll play through the car speakers via bluetooth but on the command it says it is paused. I cannot lower or raise volume either. Any ideas? I was reading on a few Android forums that this phones bluetooth has tons of issues.

#23 ·
Figured it out

I noticed you hadn't been on in a couple of weeks, so being an impatient sort with a minor talent for hacking code, I found a source online that had the necessary changes.

I updated the Pandora 4.1.2 APK with them and it seems to work just fine on my Galaxy GS3.

In the thumbnail you can see the Track Name at the top, Album name where the Media Source usually shows, and then Artist name at the bottom.

Let me know if you want to compare notes - or if anyone else wants the updated APK to play with, just PM me.

Attachments

#26 ·
PM sent. Thanks!

I noticed you hadn't been on in a couple of weeks, so being an impatient sort with a minor talent for hacking code, I found a source online that had the necessary changes.

I updated the Pandora 4.1.2 APK with them and it seems to work just fine on my Galaxy GS3.

In the thumbnail you can see the Track Name at the top, Album name where the Media Source usually shows, and then Artist name at the bottom.

Let me know if you want to compare notes - or if anyone else wants the updated APK to play with, just PM me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.