post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 01:32 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2015 Mercedes Benz CLS400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to imilad
Hello guys...

I just purchased my 2010 w212 about two weeks ago.. I was bummed when I noticed that the BT AUDIO was not showing in the menu.. Did some reading online and discovered the "engineering menu" .. With lots of excitement I enabled it. But came to great disappointment as every time I would try to connect it would only display with "Authorization Unsuccessful"

Did some more research...

enabling BT AUDIO from engineering mode will allow you to externally authorize your phone, but what it does is, de authorize BT PHONE functionality.. In other words you can only have either or. I was testing all of this from my iPhone 6 so I knew the issue was not from my phone as it has the latest BT 4.0LE chip in it.

Called up the dealer and made an appointment. Got super lucky as I realized my car still had a cert pre owned warranty until next month. picked it up today and both Audio & Phone is working.

Point is,, It will only work with the software upgrade on the command unit...

Now I am trying to go couple steps further to get iPhone mirroring onto the unit.. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate that allot.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 01:01 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2015
Vehicle: 2011 E350 Wagon 4matic
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
switch to new blackberry Passport. Get $500 toward new phone that works with the car. Sorry just had to. Die hard BB customer
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2010 ML 350 Bluetec 4Matic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Does anyone know if there is a firmware update to add audio streaming in MY 2009 and 2010 164 ML. Thanks in advance.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 08:28 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2013
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilad View Post
Hello guys...

Now I am trying to go couple steps further to get iPhone mirroring onto the unit.. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate that allot.

Thank you
WHat are you trying to mirror?
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 10:09 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 2007 CLK 350 convertible, 2010 E350 4matic
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I just got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and this phone pure and simply does not like to cooperate with the bluetooth in the COMAND. I do not believe my car had the COMAND firmware upgrade yet. First off, I can only successfully pair the phone to the COMAND deck only if all other authorized phones have been deleted from the list. Secondly, it works fine when it is initially paired. However, once I park the car, turn off the engine, and the bluetooth automatically disconnects, it will never connect again when I go to start up the car. The phone tries to connect to COMAND, but then the connection fails and an error message pops up on the phone screen that the phone was unable to communicate with the car's bluetooth.

The only way that I can get it to pair again is to unpair the connection from the phone with the car off, turn off bluetooth, then start the car and de-authorize the phone from the COMAND bluetooth. Once the phone is de-authorized, I can then turn on bluetooth on the phone and start the pairing process again from scratch. This is a ridiculous 5-10 minute process to have to go through every time you get in the car and want to drive somewhere and be able to make phone calls hands-free. It's not an issue with the handset because it works fine with a Pioneer head unit in my son's car, and works fine with bluetooth headsets and speakers. And I've paired and used a number of different phones for phone audio (bluetooth phone calls) and never had any issues, which started with the HTC Rezound and almost every version of Samsung phone (Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and Note 5).
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 07:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 2014 E250
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
My iPhone 5 plays nicely with COMAND in my 2014 E250. No complaints whatsoever.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 11:41 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2016
Vehicle: 2010 e class cabrio
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
did you try this ?

10 Common Samsung Galaxy S7 problems and how to fix them

scroll to BLUETOOTH CONNECTION ISSUES

Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseah View Post
I just got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and this phone pure and simply does not like to cooperate with the bluetooth in the COMAND. I do not believe my car had the COMAND firmware upgrade yet. First off, I can only successfully pair the phone to the COMAND deck only if all other authorized phones have been deleted from the list. Secondly, it works fine when it is initially paired. However, once I park the car, turn off the engine, and the bluetooth automatically disconnects, it will never connect again when I go to start up the car. The phone tries to connect to COMAND, but then the connection fails and an error message pops up on the phone screen that the phone was unable to communicate with the car's bluetooth.

The only way that I can get it to pair again is to unpair the connection from the phone with the car off, turn off bluetooth, then start the car and de-authorize the phone from the COMAND bluetooth. Once the phone is de-authorized, I can then turn on bluetooth on the phone and start the pairing process again from scratch. This is a ridiculous 5-10 minute process to have to go through every time you get in the car and want to drive somewhere and be able to make phone calls hands-free. It's not an issue with the handset because it works fine with a Pioneer head unit in my son's car, and works fine with bluetooth headsets and speakers. And I've paired and used a number of different phones for phone audio (bluetooth phone calls) and never had any issues, which started with the HTC Rezound and almost every version of Samsung phone (Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and Note 5).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W212 E-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in