|03-18-2012, 10:13 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Date registered: Mar 2012
Found an 07 E63, your input please
My local Benz dealer just put up a 2007 E63 with 30,050 miles on it and after calling the dealer and talking with them it seemed like a decent car and seems to have the things I'm looking for. So fast forwarding...I went to take a look at the car and here's a break down of what I've got so far:
- The sales guy said it was just traded in a day or two ago by an older (late 50s early 60s) driver
- It was purchased at the same dealership
- The car has not been through the service station yet and with such it was not cleaned
- There are a few scratches on the rear driver side quarter panel, on the middle of the front bumper from where it meets the hood, on the rear lower valence just above the outer most exhaust hole there is a nickel size hole on each side of the car, and the rims are a bit rough
- The brakes feel "soft" and initially seemed to take a bit more effort to get a response, they also shimmy the steering wheel as if the rotors are out of round, the front pads look to be of decent sizing
- The interior seems to be clean over all but there is a scratch on the wood grain just above the flip open door
- There is a check engine light on
- It runs smooth otherwise and pulls nicely
The dealer says they can CPO the car and there is some other warranty that can be purchased which wasn't described clearly. Supposedly it's been scheduled for service and they'll correct the issues that is estimated to cost $4-$5k, sales guy's comment. I asked if I could show the car to a mechanic I know (a German specialty shop I worked at when I was younger, very honest guy that knows his stuff and has all the fancy tools) and the sales guy said just schedule a time and it would be fine. As for the price, he roughly came up with $42k-ish out the door.
Realistically, how much warranty can I get on this thing from MB?
What maintenance stuff should be or have been done as it is just over 30k miles (sales said all the maintenance will be up to date)?
How many of the cosmetic issues will be addressed purchasing from MB (sales said it will all be buffed/corrected)?
What should I expect purchasing the car from the MB dealer (I generally purchase from private sellers)?
What is the future maintenance costs of this car (I do have tools that allow me to do work on my other cars)?
I also didn't go through all the functions of the car and will after the car is cleaned up and more presentable. I'm generally in the market for an AMG, BMW M line, or Audi S line. The car will not be mod'd.
Any other information, guidance, and actions I should take before making decision will be most helpful.
Last edited by thelearner; 03-18-2012 at 10:54 AM.
|03-18-2012, 07:12 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 07 E63
Location: North Jersey
Did you happen to this car at Euro Motorcars in Bethesda, MD ?
|03-27-2012, 02:51 PM||#3 (permalink)|
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 2007 E63 AMG
Location: Aberdeen UK
Front rotors are very expensive on the E63, around $1000 each, and maybe last 40k miles so check how much life they have left. An easy way to do this is to see if they have a pronounced lip on the edge. See if your warranty would cover their replacement being a possible 'wear and tear' consumable item.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Need Some Input||V1VRV2||W208 CLK Class||30||09-09-2010 08:53 PM|
|need some input||allbenzboy||W220 S-Class||1||08-22-2010 03:37 PM|
|I need your input||edwardgwright||W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class||4||07-23-2008 12:24 PM|
|WMD's FOUND!!! Sarin Gas Stockpile Found Leaking||mcbear||Off-Topic||9||07-15-2008 08:04 PM|
|I found this info on the C 32 site, I don't think it's accurate........ Brian any input ?....||Bruce R.- DC||R170 SLK Class||17||04-25-2002 08:15 PM|