Is it possible to bypass battery control module? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: '04 E55
Is it possible to bypass battery control module?

Hello all,

I have a W211 E55 with extensive aftermarket accessories for the audio/visual system. The car was a show car and since I've owned it the convenience features have been disabled and it starts beeping intermittently. When running diagnostics multiple battery control modules errors are triggered. I've replaced the trunk battery, accessory battery, accessory battery relay, and battery control module. After doing all that I've also reprogrammed and updated the firmware for the BCM. Still having the same problem. The system has full voltage but the BCM still thinks it does not. Is there some way to bypass the BCM or "trick" the car into not checking voltage?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Luvofspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG