LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 05:09 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
issue with Star diagnostic multiplexr HELP HELP!

Star Diagnostic system experts – HELP PLEASE!
I recently bought a Chinese made SUPER MB STAR diagnostic tool (one big bad mistake!)
I have spent over 4 weeks to install and update the software on my LENOVO THINKPAD X200 Tablet running Windows 7.
I have finally got every software updated and working.
As some of you may know, this system runs a Virtual machine, cloning a Windows XP platform. It is very slow (although my tablet processor is 2.3 GHz.
The problem I have is with the Multiplexer. I cannot get it to communicate with the car’s computer. My car is a 2005 E320 CDI (W211)
The vendor has been of ZERO help (they can hardly understand a word of English)!
As suggested by the vendor provided instructions, I have selected COM1 (which is activated through a so-called EXPRESS card, which allows the new laptops to gain a serial port.) The serial port definitely works, because I tested it with an old style serial mouse (here is a good reason why I don’t throw away old antiquated stuffs!).
The questions I have are as follows.
1. Should I put the ignition on (not started – just on position 2), before I start up the laptop and system, or one can connect the system after it has been booted and XENTRY software (which runs DAS) is activated? In other words can I get everything running and the XENTRY software up and ready before I connect the multiplexer to the OBD II port of the car?
It essentially takes good 15 mins from the point I the computer on, to the stage that XENTRY (DAS) software comes on and wants to communicate with the car. This is a long time for the battery (or for that matter if I start the car running).
2. Can you please tell me any hints that could help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 06:27 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: W211 320CDI -04, W210 270CDI -01
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
1 month old thread, hope you have sorted your problem... but here some thoughts:

Yes, you can put ignition on later, it is actually done during the some tests also.

have you performed self test from star utilities? All ok? Unfortunately, only genuine serial ports are working 100% (well, 95%) sure. Some adapters will work, some won't.

I agree that when buying these things from china, you should have a ready support network already because after-marketing is zero. Same happened to me (my xentry key was expired and some settings were wrong) but managed to get help from guys who had played with these things.

-Do not try this at home -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz AMG Forums > W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.